1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Sample Content Path Should Be?

Discussion in 'KORE' started by natallica, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natallica

natallica NI Product Owner

Hello all -

I just got Kore 2 to add to my Komplete 5.

I am wondering what my Sample Content Path should be within Kore.

Here's how I have things installed on my system:

I have an external drive with a folder called 'NI' that I pointed the Komplete and Kore installers to. Within that folder, Komplete put a folder called 'Sample Libraries' (which contains the Kontakt, Elektrik, Akoustik, and Battery libraries) and Kore put a folder called 'Kore 2 Sample Content.'

So...should my Kore Sample Content Path be:

1.) /NI

2.) /NI/Kore 2 Sample Content

?

I'm having problems with loading certain KoreSounds like the 'Vocal' bank -- it just gets a question mark. Additionally, some Reaktor-based KoreSounds seem to load and then give no sound.

I did run the KoreSounds for Komplete installer.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

-- N
  2. ew

ew Moderator

The only time you should have to change your sample path in Kore is if you move the Kore 2 sample content folder from where it was placed during the install.

If you do end up changing it, it would be/NI/Kore 2 Sample Content.

With Reaktor, make sure your paths to the factory content's set correctly in the standalone version. If you're on a Mac, use the VST versions of NI plugins inside Kore.

It sounds to me like you need to run each Komplete app in standalone, and rebuild databases/check library paths. Once you've done that, reboot your system and start Kore in standalone. Do a rescan from the plugins page of your options.

ew
  3. natallica

Heya -

I am on a Mac. Should I ignore AudioUnits then? Why use VST versions?

It looks like I have duplicate KoreSounds after the KoreSound installer for older versions of the plugins. I guess I have to go in manually and get rid of those? They disappear if I select 'Hide unavailable sounds,' but it sounds like I shouldn't do that? -- at least from what I've been reading in this forum.

After that I do a 'full scan,' correct?

Thanks for the help...

-- N
  4. ew

ew Moderator

Kore uses the VST versions of NI plugins- that's why you want the VST versions.

As for the duplicates, the library locations for the legacy versions of the apps changed with Absynth and FM8 updates. You can delete the folders named Absynth 3 and FM7 in your shared content/sounds folder.

ew
  5. natallica

Thanks for your help. This was the trickiest NI install I can remember! ;-)

Happy Holiday...

-- N
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.