Scratch Disabled?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by stevep314, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevep314

stevep314 NI Product Owner

So i bought the audio8DJ interface and 2 traktor Scratch Vinyls...only to find out it won't work with my Traktor 3 software?

I can't believe it...so i'm forced to buy the upgrade kit?

Please help....or shoot me

Steve
  2. buenputter

buenputter NI Product Owner

As asked at least 10 times a week:

There is no timecoded-control with Traktor 3.3 without Traktor Scratch.

You could have also found out by reading the NI-homepage.
  3. stevep314

I don't think they are very clear about it...where can i read that?

Not even when you own Final Scratch 1 and 2...

I really don't see why there is NO but, absolutely NO loyalty towards the customer...

I really don't see the reason WHY there is no timecoded-control with Traktor 3.3

I guess i'll go spend some more then
  4. buenputter

When you check the NI-homepage, you will find in the TS-section "Now compatible to Traktor 3".
    Furthermore, you can find in the Traktor 3-section
    "Now TRAKTOR SCRATCH compatibile: The new TRAKTOR 3.3 is now fully controllable via vinyl or CD control for users of TRAKTOR SCRATCH. A free TRAKTOR 3.3 update is available to TRAKTOR 3 users."

Just to highlight the part you are referring to:
    for users of TRAKTOR SCRATCH

Stanton forced NI to remove the Final Scratch2-integration out of Traktor 3 at the end of 2006 (?). There are lots, lots, lots and even loooooooots of threads about this on the forum, but it has been almost 1,5 years ago that NI was forced by legal means to remove it.

Registered users of Final Scratch had been informed by mail about this change and were offered the "Traktor Scratch Crossgrade Offer."

If you are interested in this history, please search the forum.

Wrong! - There IS timecoded-control with Traktor 3.3, but not with the ScratchAmp as mentioned above.
  5. stevep314

I know the history

so you are saying i should be mad at stanton?

Maybe i should be mad at Richie Hawtin or N2IT

Still i don't think it's clear.

Ok, i should have checked the forums...and interpreted the

"Now TRAKTOR SCRATCH compatibile: The new TRAKTOR 3.3 is now fully controllable via vinyl or CD control for users of TRAKTOR SCRATCH."

line a little better...

I really can't help but feeling having another negative experience with native instruments.

You know, i thought the whole reason why they sell the audio8 seperatly would be for people like me.

But no...silly me. Actually thinking i would outsmart NI and shaving off 100 euro of the retail. I actually felt sort of "good" about the whole situation. For a short while that is...thanks to NI.

The reason why there are loooooooots of threads about this, is probably a lack of insight in the customers point of view.

You can only imagine what NI would be if it would implement a positive experience towards it's users.

If Stanton forced NI to remove the Final Scratch2-integration out of Traktor 3(actually they mean Timecode control), how come they can implement it again in Traktor Scratch? And so in Traktor 3 again!

I can see why N2IT would file a claim at that point.

Anyhow, thank you for listening.

Steve
  6. buenputter

Hi Steve,

NI had to remove FinalScratch-support. As FS and the ScratchAmp(s) were / are Stanton products, they were legally able to do this.

In Traktor Scratch and T3.3 it is NOT the old FS2-code and 1KHz-timecode which had been implemented. Just to make this point clear.

Anyway, this is a user forum. Feel free to blame NI-sales-department for sales-models which you disagree with through official channels; or other NI-departments if you disagree with their efforts.
  7. mr.v

mr.v New Member

hello guys..
    i baought tha vinyls,the timecode cds,the cables.
    but here may i buy the traktor scratch for mac?
    a friend of mine gave my traktor3.3 but the tracking doesnt work!
    as i read above you say that traktro3.3 wroks only if you have already tha trkator scratch?
  8. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

You Can Only Use Timecode Control In Traktor 3 If You Have Traktor Scratch Installed On Your Machine, Are Using The Ts Timecode Vinyl, And Have Selected The Audio8dj As Your Soundcard.
  9. mr.v

mr.v New Member

i have not the traktor scratch installed..
    i can't find it..
    is it still available on stores?
  10. TeLLy

Yes, or you can buy the download from this site.
  11. plexor1

plexor1 NI Product Owner

Hey TeLLy,
    I have T3.3 and Scratch with AudioDJ8. I have everything connected with my Vestax VMX-004XL and everything is smooth! Well I have a show coming up this weekend and I have been using the virtual decks on T3.3. Do I need to calibrate T3.3 or TScratch with the CDJ's at the club for it to recognize them? I know Scratch has the calibration for the turntable, but I am gonna be using CDJ's. Or will T3.3 automatically recognize them as soon as there plugged in with the multicore cables? thanks alot
  12. TeLLy

Every time you turn on Traktor you have to calibrate it with timecode. With CDJ's same thing as turntables, the control signal is still what determines pitch, speed, and position on the track. Just make sure your input mode on the Audio8 is set to CD as opposed to phono, then calibrate by hitting play in any of the tracks on the control CD; same as vinyl.
  13. mr.v

mr.v New Member

they only sell the upgrade kits..
    do you have the link for the download of scratch?
  14. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Moderator

15. mr.v

mr.v New Member

i found that..
    i just want to by the software of traktor scratch!
    as i said,i've already baught the audio 8,the timcode cds,the vinyls and the cables..
  16. buenputter

17. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.