Script Tutorial

Discussion in 'Scripting Workshop' started by vrojr, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vrojr

vrojr NI Product Owner

I'm getting to the point where I want to write my own scripts for Kontakt, but can't find any information about the syntax or language of the script editor. The Kontakt manual says that there is a script tutorial, but I can't seem to find it. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
  2. cocre

cocre New Member

I am not currently at my Kontakt enabled PC, but there is a documentation folder under Program Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt 2 folder (or there-abouts in Windows). If you have the latest upgrade you will find several script PDFs there.

cocre
  3. mplsTJ

mplsTJ NI Product Owner

More specifically, the file named "Kontakt Script Language Manual.pdf" in the Documentation folder doubles as a reference and a tutorial.
  4. Dynamitec

Dynamitec NI Product Owner

5. kotori

kotori NI Product Owner

The Kontakt Scripting forum Benjamin recommended is a really useful resource, so please check that out.

I have written an alternative introduction to scripting that you might want to consult in addition to the PDF mentioned above. It's not as comprehensive as the PDF but it uses kind of another approach to explain things, and also cover a few areas better than the PDF. While entering short scripts directly into Kontakt is ok, as soon as your scripts begin to grow I recommend using my freely available script editor (a PC/Mac text editor program designed for K2 scripts).

Good luck!

Regards,
    Nils
  6. vrojr

vrojr NI Product Owner

thanks for all of the resources!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.