1. Updated TRAKTOR hardware drivers for Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10:

There is an important new driver update available for your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1, AUDIO 2 DJ, AUDIO 4 DJ, or AUDIO 8 DJ. These drivers fix an issue which occasionally caused the hardware to disconnect.

We strongly recommend this update to anyone using these TRAKTOR products with Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10 to ensure the best possible hardware performance.

To install the latest driver, please follow the link for your device and select version 2.7.0 to download.

Update TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1
    Update AUDIO 2 DJ
    Update AUDIO 4 DJ
    Update AUDIO 8 DJ

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.8 or lower, please disregard this update.

Sound Crackling on Win7 32 Bit with Traktor pro

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by netsonic, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netsonic

netsonic Forum Member

Hi to all,

I have xone 4d with upgraded firmware.
    I have hp pavilion dv7-2250em

Ok now the problem:

When i play in traktor all is configured as it should be.
    I have 2 Disc in laptop on one win 7 on other win XP

When i play in win7 i get some strange things happening. After i play for about 30 min sound is starting to get more and more distortion and crackling.

Second thing the same setup on win Xp and there is no problems at all.

So please someone help me.

ps.

Wireless is disabled during play as network adapter
    Bluetooth also.
  2. procrastinator

procrastinator NI Product Owner

have you set your power management to hi performance ?
  3. netsonic

netsonic Forum Member

Yes all is set to normal parameters. Images of Settings are attached.
    Any new idea ?

DPC Latency checker is in green all the time.

So i don't know what to turn off to get it work.

Attached Files:

4. procrastinator

procrastinator NI Product Owner

dont use the balanced but the high performance sceme, dont know how it reads in english bcs i have the german version
  5. netsonic

netsonic Forum Member

Ok. I did change it. Lets try now to play. Ill report after i test it.
  6. netsonic

netsonic Forum Member

Attached Files:

7. Shaloo

Shaloo NI Product Owner

Try to remove the battery and update your video card drivers. It worked for me. Especially when i removed the battery of my laptop.
  8. netsonic

netsonic Forum Member

9. netsonic

netsonic Forum Member

I think it's in driver from A&H.
  10. systemfeind

systemfeind NI Product Owner

I have the very same problem with a fresh Win7 64-Bit (Scratch Pro, Kontrol X1, Audio 8 DJ). In the beginning everything worked as it should but after a time it begun to crackle and adjusting the buffer sizes didn't helped. Even with 64ms it crackles. OMG. I noticed that the CPUmeter is bouncing all the time unregularely, although nothing is running in the background.
    So today I took an old HDD and installed WinXP 32-Bit on it and Traktor runs fine, even with 1,5ms buffer and the CPUmeter doesn`t bounce anymore.

I don't know where the problem is. You said you have Win7 32-Bit so I guess it has nothing to do with the 32/64Bit-architecture, but with Win7 itself?

Maybe there is something to fix in Traktor to make it more compatible to Win7, because I noticed we are not alone with this problem.

My system specs are:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 DualCore 5000+ (2,7Ghz)
    Nvidia GeForce 9500GT
    2 Gig RAM
    so I think my system should be good enough ;)
  11. Shaloo

Shaloo NI Product Owner

12. netsonic

netsonic Forum Member

Just to mention i have old Dell inspiron 6000 Cpu 1 Core 1.7 2 GB of DDR2 one disc of 60 GB on 5400 rpm. I did install win 7 32 bit on it and i don't have any problem with sound at all on 0.1 ms for xone 4d as audio interface. But Cpu is slow that's why i take HP Pavilion.

So i don't know what to say but this smells like **** for this money.
    ---
    And one more notice here when distortion comes to play go to audio preferences and audio setup of your sound card. Traktor will stop playbeck. After you turn back traktor will continue to play without distortion. So something abstract going on here.
    ---
    Did go Trough configuration from Native Instruments to see what happen now.
    Have to turn off usb power , Deactivate User Account Control and adjust the appearance and performance of windows

Lets see now what happen. Battery is in Laptop.

back in 30 min with results
  13. netsonic

netsonic Forum Member

Still the same problem after configuring Windows 7. During Distortion i get to control panel to device manager and try to disable some hardware but no use of this job.

All the time same distortion. Don't know what to do.

Here is the mix. Take last part to hear the same thing happen.

http://rapidshare.com/files/386889126/Still_Problems.mp3
  14. netsonic

netsonic Forum Member

Any New Idea ?
  15. DjMalicious

DjMalicious Forum Member

I have a similar problem. I have a Vista 64 Bit. 4GB of Ram and I run on High Performance and where it says CPU on the top right it doesn't reach 1/3 of the way so I know my computer can handle it.

I use my laptop, Audio 2 DJ, and for now just a Behringer DDM 4000. Well I have it set up on External Mode with a USB-Midi Cable and it works perfectly. The problem i have is whenever i have it connected my Audio will turn completely crackly and slowed down. When i disconnect it, its working perfectly. This problem happened to me also when I had a Torq Xponent and used the built in soundcard, but it would only happen if I played 2 songs at once.

I REALLYYYYY NEED HELP FIXING THIS! I have a gig next weekend and am getting worried that I won't even be able to play a song if my mixer is connected.
  16. netsonic

netsonic Forum Member

For now fix this problem by installing Win Xp Pro. I did so i dont have problem on same laptop with win Xp. I don't know what to say.
    Getting Crazy with win 7. I have 2 licenses one home edition 64 bit and i did buy additional ultimate edition 32 bit.
    ---
    I did post problem on A&H Forum. No answer till now. :(
  17. DjMalicious

DjMalicious Forum Member

Is there anywhere I can get Windows XP Pro for free then? Or i've heard some people use a Dual Boot. If u know about this please fill me in because I really don't have money to spend on Windows XP since im just starting out DJing
  18. netsonic

netsonic Forum Member

There is no free Win xp pro. One thing is that you can have dual boot. You have to create partition on you hard drive about 50 or 60 GB. Install win xp pro and you can get them for low price somewhere. Download EasyBCD ofr free and go to this page for instructions:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/8057-dual-boot-installation-windows-7-xp.html

i use method 2 and its working fine.

One more thing is that you can have win Xp under the win vista license.
    No one will make problem.
  19. netsonic

netsonic Forum Member

So no one knows how to solve my problem on windows 7 ?

Hmmm
  20. netsonic

netsonic Forum Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.