1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Synth Preset that sounds like Roger Zapp Talk Box?

Discussion in 'MASSIVE' started by hiphopwong, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphopwong

hiphopwong NI Product Owner

Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone out there might know of a good synth patch either Hybrid or Native Instruments that would work for a Roger Zapp talk box type sound. I believe Roger Zapp's patch is an FM Sawtooth from a Yamaha DX 100. I can't really justify buying and setting up an old board for just one patch if I can get the same sound or program it on an existing soft synth.</p>

I've been using a synth patch from my older outboard Roland XV-3080 with Vintage Synth expansion board. The patch I've been using is called Naked Cheese and it's good for the lower notes below middle C but the higher octaves don't have the cutting biting abrasive sound that I'm looking for with lots of attack.</p>

If you have your own preset please contact me and email it to me if you are willing to share thanks!</p>

steve
  2. Summa

Summa Moderator

I don't know the Roger Zapp talk box Sound but FM8 can import DX100 presets...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.