traktor 1.2.1 windows 7 x64 numark omni control error

Discussion in 'DJ Controllers' started by exhale.DE, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exhale.DE

exhale.DE Forum Member

is anyone of u able to use the numark omni controll under windows 7 x64 with traktor 1.2.1? i cant install drivers and the ones installed automatically dont arrive @ traktor, any suggestions?
  2. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

The 64bit numark omni control drivers are for Vista and XP. Are you sure that they are Win 7 compatible? I dont see any info about Win 7 on the Numark website.

Karlos
  3. exhale.DE

exhale.DE Forum Member

did anyone of you get the omni controll working under a fresh windows 7 32bit version? it only worked for my deskop wich i updated with 7, my notebook isnt able to find any drivers for it...any suggestions?
  4. Equalibrium

Equalibrium New Member

Have the same problem. Any solution?
  5. exhale.DE

exhale.DE Forum Member

i contacted numark and told them i got this error and they just wrote that they are working on it and that they suggest waiting for a release... it sounded they didnt even start fixing the problem, disgusting!
  6. Equalibrium

Equalibrium New Member

Have an idea what to do to start the omni?
    Have to do an audition to wednesday
  7. Flashback Jack

Flashback Jack New Member

Why hasn't anybody who's posted thus far included a description of their errors?

In my case my Omni driver times out with a 0x00005 error during installation, though my controller is plugged into an available port. Happened on Vista and the same thing happens on Windows 7.

I've had my Omni for months and haven't been able to use it once. Great, huh?

[​IMG]

- F
  8. Equalibrium

Equalibrium New Member

Have a solution,
    Install the beta drivers (64 bit) from numark.com , cancel the windows installer of drivers, when U install omni drivers, reboot pc/notebook. Then go to the devices manager and install the drivers for Ur midi device manually (pick the destination folder of Ur drivers - unrared folder of 64 bit drivers).
    Work for me ;)
    Cheers!
  9. exhale.DE

exhale.DE Forum Member

i deleted win7 64 bit and tried the 32 bit one, same error when i install the 32 bit vista drivers..... will try to add them manually in the afternoon, looking forward to a nice mixing session :p
  10. Flashback Jack

Uh, what error?

- F
  11. exhale.DE

exhale.DE Forum Member

i get error 0x0006 nearly same state of installation as Flashback Jack
  12. Flashback Jack

Was yours a timeout error or something else?
  13. seanpburke

seanpburke New Member

I installed the Vista driver without any issues and W7 recognises the Omni but when I open up Trakor Pro and select Omni from the audio setup section, nothing happens. No lights, nothing.

I'm on 64 W7 with Traktor Pro 1.2.1.

Very annoying.
  14. exhale.DE

exhale.DE Forum Member

i guess that ARE issues :p
  15. freddy_hung

freddy_hung New Member

im having the same problem! please help!
  16. Flashback Jack

Okay, at the risk of sounding condescending, I'm going to say that this thread is useless. How does anyone expect help if all you're going to post are me too posts?

Describe your problem in detail. Every detail counts and we just might luck out on a fix. Trust me, I'm as eager as you are to get this dealt with because I have an Omni Control that I've never ever used since I purchased it months ago.

- F
  17. seanpburke

seanpburke New Member

After reinstalling the Vista x64 drivers and restarting, I now have 1.2.1 working perfectly with W7 x64.

S.
  18. drh1210

drh1210 New Member

i had an issue in getting the Omni drivers to install correctly,

i simply used the driver software which came on the Traktor LE disc and ran it in compatibility mode for vista sp2. it installs fine.

TSP will then pick it up fine.
  19. Flashback Jack

PERFECT!

Your explanation basically helped me put an end to a few months of head scratching. Now allow me to explain in detail what I noticed, and what I did so that others might benefit from this.

Problem:

Plugging my Omni Control into a spare USB slot in either Vista 32 or Windows 7 32 would cause either operating system to detect the device, however, installing the official Numark drivers (2.8.17 in my case) failed to detect the device and resulted in 0x00005 timeout errors.

Solution (32-bit Windows 7, may work in other Vista/Win 7 versions too):

Extract the Omni driver and right-click on the SETUP.EXE file. Select Troubleshoot Compatibility. Once Windows completes its compatibility test, select Try Recommended Settings to begin the installation -- my Windows 7 recommended running the driver under Windows XP SP2 mode. Ensure your Omni is plugged in at this point. The driver installer will then ask you to repeatedly remove and plug in the Omni again, until completion. You will then need to restart your computer.

Thanks, DRH!

- F
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  20. freddy_hung

freddy_hung New Member

i´ve tried you fix (running on compatibility mode) and i still have the same problem

still having the same problem... the traktor 1.1.2 doesnt recognice the omni control
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.