1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Traktor 2 Analyzing everything...

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by mattyicee, Sep 2, 2011.

1. mattyicee

mattyicee New Member

So I opened up tractor 2 and set it to analyze all songs on start up. little did I know it was a process that is going to take 28 days, which I cannot do. How do i know tell it not to analyze all these songs?

Also I have a program that puts the Key of each song in the comments field, and traktor refuses to see the comment. No matter how many times i open and close the program and refresh iTunes, it still reads most tracks as not having a comment. wtf?

Any help would take a LOT of stress off me right now. Thanks!
  2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Moderator

traktor needs to analyze all songs, so this is indeed sth you have to do, but i would recommend doing this in somewhat smaller chunks and overnight.
    how many tracks do you have?
  3. dannybyrne29

dannybyrne29 NI Product Owner

28 days....lol... holy mary.... thats a lot of tracks... maybe it's time to cut down you traktor collection...!
  4. XMan714

XMan714 NI Product Owner

In Preferences, Browser details, Show Status Bar/Error Messages. When the status bar is viewed, I right mouse-click on it during the Analyze and you get an option to cancel.
  5. Derek.Bounce

Derek.Bounce Forum Member

Also,

Preferences > File Management > File Management

Maybe un-check:

"Import Music-Folders at Startup"
    "Analyze new tracks on collection load/import"

Then tracks will only be analyzed when you drop them into a deck, or right click on tracks and select analyze
  6. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

28 days ? how many songs ? just curious since 28 days is way too long
  7. heltino

heltino NI Product Owner

I have roundabout 10.000 songs.
    a complete analyzing tkaes for me (had to do it last week:angry: ) 8 hours.

28 days would mean: 840.000 (!) tracks
    (if we calculate similar computer speed)

I have ripped my CDs....made my vinyls digital, buy for roundabout 80euro a month music downloads...and are member in a DJ promotion pool....if I would take ALL music that is offered (what nobody does, as some genres are not mine and some tracks are not good)....840.000 would take REAL time to collect.
    possible to pay, that is for sure, is it not.

next: average MP3 (house or club) is 12MB....12*840.000=10.080.000MB
    10.080.000MB = 10,08TB of files

internal or external drive? :D
  8. Da Beef

Da Beef Forum Member

with regards to key showing up i use mixed in key and write to comments tab. In order to get them to show up in Traktor you need to right click on tarck collection and "check consistency" so that traktor will double check that nothing has changed in your tracks. This works for me hope it helps
  9. p1eman

p1eman New Member

Hi,

Can anybody advise if Traktor 2.6 can analyze more than 1 track at the same time. The reason I ask is Serato pro dj can analyze multiple tracks at the same time?

Recently analyzed 100gb of tunes took 11 hours or so using Traktor.
    Recently analyzed 6gb of tunes took 15 mins using Serato pro.

Thanks in advance.
  10. mastermc

traktor does one song at a time
  11. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor

Traktor does a more in the analysis. Transients, Stripes, Key and BPM detect etc
  12. deejay jacks

deejay jacks Forum Member

Problème affichage du Bpm suite analyse

Bjr,

Après analyse de fichier depuis l'exploreur, le Bpm ne s'affiche pas dans le browser (il me le laisse a 0)par contre en lecture il s'affiche dans le deck. Kk1 aurait il une solution pour l'affichage dans le browser.
  13. mastermc

don't analyze in the explorer node, use collection node only.