1. Updated TRAKTOR hardware drivers for Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10:

There is an important new driver update available for your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1, AUDIO 2 DJ, AUDIO 4 DJ, or AUDIO 8 DJ. These drivers fix an issue which occasionally caused the hardware to disconnect.

We strongly recommend this update to anyone using these TRAKTOR products with Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10 to ensure the best possible hardware performance.

To install the latest driver, please follow the link for your device and select version 2.7.0 to download.

Update TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1
    Update AUDIO 2 DJ
    Update AUDIO 4 DJ
    Update AUDIO 8 DJ

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.8 or lower, please disregard this update.

Traktor and Nicecast broadcasting problems

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by Mark Oz, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Oz

Mark Oz New Member

Well hello to all,
    New here...naturally, and looking for some of your traktor expertise ;)
    Currently I am running traktor scratch with my powerbook g4, hooked up to my korg km-202 mixer and two cdj's. I have nicecast set to source with traktor selected as application, and audio 8 soundcard selected on traktor and my computer sound settings. Yet, when broadcasting, audio from the left channel works perfectly while the right channel on traktor is mute. Definitely frustrating....andy ideas?
  2. Dave Tat

Dave Tat New Member

Mark, I'm having a similar problem using TS Pro and Nicecast myself. Before I click on the Start Broadcast button in Nicecast everything is working fine with my Traktor/turntables/analog mixer setup. However, the instant I start broadcasting I notice an audible drop in the quality of sound coming from the left channel over the master output. And if I push the gain or master output levels on the mixer too high I get severe feedback and distortion, but ONLY from the left channel. Furthermore, when I have the right channel coming through the master output and try to monitor the left channel in my headphones, I am hearing the signal from the RIGHT channel as well as the left, which I MIGHT be able to ignore if it weren't for the fact that it's delayed by a few seconds, which effectively makes mixing in a track from the left channel impossible.

As I said, I've isolated the problem to whenever Nicecast is broadcasting, as everything returns to normal the instant I stop the stream. This would lead me to believe that the problem is with Nicecast, but I figured I'd still post here on the chance that someone else out there has had a similar problem and fixed it, maybe even by adjusting some setting in Traktor.
  3. valerieinaustin

valerieinaustin New Member

Dave,

I was wondering if you found a solution to this problem with Nicecast? I am an internet DJ and just purchased a mixer to use with itunes and my macbook pro and it all sounds great until i start broadcast on nicecast. Any learning you may have found would be very helpful.

Thank you,

Valerie
  4. Dave Tat

Dave Tat New Member

Valerie,

I didn't change anything on my end, but when Nicecast released their latest update (1.9.6) back in February and I installed it on my machine the problem just went away. The release notes for 1.9.6 state that "an issue with the underlying icecast engine has been fixed" - so whatever that issue may have been I assume it was the cause for my problem, but everything is working fine now. Do you have this latest version of Nicecast?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.