1. Updated TRAKTOR hardware drivers for Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10:

There is an important new driver update available for your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1, AUDIO 2 DJ, AUDIO 4 DJ, or AUDIO 8 DJ. These drivers fix an issue which occasionally caused the hardware to disconnect.

We strongly recommend this update to anyone using these TRAKTOR products with Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10 to ensure the best possible hardware performance.

To install the latest driver, please follow the link for your device and select version 2.7.0 to download.

Update TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1
    Update AUDIO 2 DJ
    Update AUDIO 4 DJ
    Update AUDIO 8 DJ

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.8 or lower, please disregard this update.

Traktor on an iPad?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by tt125, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tt125

tt125 Forum Member

Probably not but how nice it would be if it was possible.
  2. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

The iPad has nowhere near enough processing power to actually run the Traktor software, nor do I personally believe that it has enough horsepower to run any sort of porting or adaptation of the core functions. However, it would be great as a controller.

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102979

I'm saving for one right now. Perhaps if I sell this other turntable....
  3. DiscoNova

DiscoNova NI Product Owner

I don't know if this is the case... the processor is capable of playing back HD-videos, which my old ThinkPad (which has no trouble running Traktor) is not able to do. In fact, based on purely technical data, iPad's CPU is quite interesting piece of technology.

I do concur that porting the software to such niche of a market would be pretty pointless, though. But I wouldn't dismiss the theoretical possibility of it being able to work.
  4. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Well the iPad only runs a 1Ghz processor, it has a dedicated GPU for the 720p content.
  5. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

Well said and quite right. I would not let the 1GHz thing fool you though. Its probably a very capable CPU its just not up to the task of delivering 4 decoded Audio streams and synchronizing them with each other and the delivered video along with FX, filters and lets not forget this thing does not support connections to file systems except its own. There are possibilities for it to work later maybe but not right now.

Phil
  6. tt125

tt125 Forum Member

7. notorious_hanz

notorious_hanz Forum Member

I agree with you Ghz ain't the only thing to compare when looking at processors!
    Look at the this comparaison between an Atom netbook and a developpemnt board with coretx A9. basiclly Apple A4 is based on the cortex chip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4W6lVQl3QA&feature=player_embedded
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.