1. Updated TRAKTOR hardware drivers for Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10:

There is an important new driver update available for your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1, AUDIO 2 DJ, AUDIO 4 DJ, or AUDIO 8 DJ. These drivers fix an issue which occasionally caused the hardware to disconnect.

We strongly recommend this update to anyone using these TRAKTOR products with Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10 to ensure the best possible hardware performance.

To install the latest driver, please follow the link for your device and select version 2.7.0 to download.

Update TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1
    Update AUDIO 2 DJ
    Update AUDIO 4 DJ
    Update AUDIO 8 DJ

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.8 or lower, please disregard this update.

Traktor pro using Nicecast to set up with Listen2myradio.com

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Vi3tKid420, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vi3tKid420

Vi3tKid420 New Member

I need help setting up a live stream shoutcast so that all my friends can hear me DJ. I am running on a MACBOOK so i am using nicecast. Nicecast has a feature of using the capability to be used as icecast on the server so that way traktor can use it too. My only problem now is that i definitely need help practically with everything. What to enter in for the url, ip, port, etc. on the server info. And then i want to use listen2myradio.com so that they can hear it streaming live. How can i set this all up, using traktor pro, niceast and listen2myradio.com, if anybody has the time to let me know step by step this would be great.
  2. Rob/DJ Sizzly

Rob/DJ Sizzly Forum Member

Hmm... I don't think you need nicecast to pull this off. It looks like listen2myradio.com has all the streaming bits set up for you. I use Broadcast Using This Tool set up like: http://djsizzly.com/content/using-butt-traktor-internet-radio.

It's likely very similar. You just need to have an mp3 encoder (which Traktor doesn't have).
    ---
    I recant. It may be possible to use Ogg... I'm giving it a shot now. If so then I'll tell you what to put where in the Traktor broadcasting interface. Just give me a bitsy.
  3. Vi3tKid420

Vi3tKid420 New Member

yeah exactly, so what can i do for an alternative to have listen2myradio working with traktor then, and who can help me step by step?
  4. Rob/DJ Sizzly

5. Vi3tKid420

Vi3tKid420 New Member

thanks a lot id appreciate it, if you also use aim, please message me, same as my username that way its easier to reply.
  6. Vi3tKid420

Vi3tKid420 New Member

Hey i just figured everything out, now my only problem is configuring my speakers so that i have my sound going from traktor --> butt --> listen2myradio
    can anyone help me with this?
  7. Rob/DJ Sizzly

Find out what sound interface you're using in Traktor as the output channel. This is in the Audio set up.

On the Main Tab you'll see a drop down box that lists all of the sound interfaces that Broadcast Using This Tool can see. Play something in Traktor. If you can see the interface listed in the drop down that you use for Traktor (which is very likely) try selecting that one first. If you don't see the meters light up then keep choosing different ones.

Once the meters are lighting up then you're ready to connect to listen2myradio.

Just a note... Evidently you need to have started the encoder/player by visiting your radio page <username>.listen2myradio.com before anyone else can hear it. That seems odd to me but I suppose. I needed to do that anyway to make sure it actually worked.
  8. Vi3tKid420

Vi3tKid420 New Member

i am at my input/output settings and cant seem to find anything for the broadcasting tool to have sound go through the broadcast..
  9. Rob/DJ Sizzly

What sound interface on your computer are you using as the output for Traktor? You can find that under File > Audio Setup.

The interesting value here is the "Audio Device".

Now, what options do you have on the Main Tab under "Audio Device".
  10. jubaka

jubaka NI Product Owner

Nicecast/Traktor/Listen2myRadio

OK.. I just went thru all of this nonsense.. when you click ON the Nicecast look up on your Mac toolbar(where the Apple Icon is) this will be your Nicecast toolbar, click on the "Window" dropdown, scroll and select "show server" this will pull up your fields to place your Listen2myRadio info.. type in your Listen2myRadio IP & Port in this section..
    ---
    i use a M-Audio interface along w/ the Audio 8 to convert my mono mic input to stereo, so the rest of the way your on your own, i think u can use your laptop mic plug, but dont quote me on that/in the Nicecast box you will see "source" click on it & that will drop down the menu to set your audio feed.. as far as using the actual broadcast button in Traktor Pro 2 I am still trying to figure that out.. my issue is that they only offer .ogg & all the programs require mp3, I can tell you that if the light is blinking there is a Broadcast connection issue, I started out trying BUTT also, however I dont think that is required, run your master on your mixer to a mic input(or from your receiver headphone/get creative i guess), you might need to buy some adapters depending on your mixer, I use booth & master so its not an issue.. ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO ACTIVATE THE BROADCAST BUTTON DIRECTLY FROM TRAKTOR VIA THIS PROGRAM PLEASE LET ME KNOW, THANK YOU
    ---
    and in your listen2myradio login, go to stream details (top one in the menu) to find your IP and Port, hope that helps ya out.. if you do everything right you should have a clean strong signal, keep in mind the trial version of Nicecast only allows an hour until it cuts off, for $40 you can buy the one time payed upgrade.. once you click on turn signal on (in listen2myradio) you might have to refresh to see it on.. IF ANYBODY KNOWS A WAY TO HEAR THESE BROADCASTS ON A IPHONE ALSO LET ME KNOW, looks like they only offer flash players..
    ---
    oh in the "source" select "audio device" to use your mixer or a soundcard
  11. Rob/DJ Sizzly

You were able to get an ICECAST connection to a free account? Really? I tried and tried. No luck.
  12. jubaka

jubaka NI Product Owner

I was refering to NICECAST, which is for Macs.. ICECAST is for PC's.. I believe both are free or offer free trial versions..
    ---
    listen2myradio is also free, and offers paid alternatives for more advanced accounts :)
    ---
    type in - traktor broadcast - in youtube, it might help ya, best of luck
  13. Vi3tKid420

Vi3tKid420 New Member

Okay i get it now... for audio set up this is what i have

Options on Butt: Traktor Kontrol S4/ Built-In Input/Default PCM Device (Default)

Options on traktor: built-in (core audio)/Traktor Kontrol S4(Core Audio)

When i try to stream it live selecting Traktor kontrol s4 on butt, it says that shoutcast does not support ogg. So what exactly do i do now...? When i choose Built in input on both butt and traktor, then it has sound BUT the sound isnt clear, its coming from my microphone. so what shall i do (I have a macbook so if there are sound settings i need to do, please let me know)
  14. jubaka

jubaka NI Product Owner

my suggestion is to use nicecast, i tried butt also and found it was picking up the mic audio from my webcam, i tapped lightly on my computer near the mouse pad and it picked up the audio, if you go directly through the mic input on the mac the signal should be clearer.. i just took a look at the back of the S4 and it appears it only has one master out on it.. basically you are going to have to run your master to your mic input on your mac(this works great w/ nicecast)
    ---
    in order to run master out to your mac from your sound source an adapter is required.. what you are looking for is called a "Y adapter" its not expensive, like 5-10 bucks and you can find em @ radio shack or some guitar centers.. its a small adapter that turns your male rca into a male headphone plug, w/ a male headphone plug on one end and a female plug rca on the other.. they manufacture both 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch(which you would use to go through your receiver headphone jack, at least i am guessing, most receivers have 1/4 inch headphone jacks)
  15. Rob/DJ Sizzly

Okay. As I understand it NICECAST generates a "server" to stream via your IP address to the internet. That's not what most people want 'cause their internet providers are pretty grim about providing servers, streaming, etc on their links unless you are paying for a business account. And V. kinda sees that since there's the whole listen2myradio bit....

So V. You need to switch the codec from Ogg to MP3. That's on the "Stream" tab of Butt in the options window.
  16. Vi3tKid420

Vi3tKid420 New Member

got eveyrthing to work... just one last problem. I guess the broadcast light is blinking on traktor and it has to do with my ports or something? so i went to System Preferences --> Sharing --> internet sharing but my traktor program doesnt pop up... so what can i do to open the port up? (MACBOOK BY THE WAY ONCE AGAIN T__T)
  17. RyanSingh

RyanSingh New Member

Thanks mate! This has been very helpful.

I do have 1 issue though. I have managed to connect to L2MR fine, as the stream is up and connected.

However, I cannot seem to find my Audio 2 DJ in the drop down list, so the levels are not moving at all :eek:

Help please!
  18. Rob/DJ Sizzly

V,

You don't need to use the broadcast function in Traktor. In fact, since it only supports ICECAST and the OGG format and since I can't seem to get ICECAST to connect on a free account, you don't want to use that. So just don't start up the native broadcasting functionality in Traktor and it'll stop blinking at you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.