1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Traktor Scratch Pro 2 + BCD3000 Controller

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by crodgers, Jan 26, 2012.

1. crodgers

crodgers New Member

Hi Guys, I've just upgrade to Scratch Pro 2 (love it!). Previously I had Traktor Pro controlled with a BCD3000.

Is there any way I can combine the two? I've got my Technics set up with the Audio 10 working fine. I'd like to be able to use a 4 deck set up with 2 scratch decks (the Technics) and then 2 additonal decks controlled by the BCD3000

Surely I can use the BCD as a midi controller to control two decks? Can I then route the BCD through the Audio 10?

Any thoughts much appreciated?

Cheers!
  2. Hippie

Hippie Forum Member

Yes

Don't use the soundcard in the BCD just use your audio 10 for the audio and the BCD as a midi controller.
    Using the learn function or a pre made .tsi file you can use the BCD to control anything you like via midi.
    I use a BCD2000 for loading/browsing, 2 FX units, timecode and master clock control. I keep looking at new controllers for the same tasks but I cant see the point when the BCD does everything I need atm.
  3. crodgers

crodgers New Member

For the price it's not a bad little controller. Thanks for the info, looks like you've got a similar set up. I'll give this a go.

Would you mind me asking any question if I get stuck?
  4. Hippie

Hippie Forum Member

No worries m8 :)

Ask away, that's what this place is all about.
    Some1 here is bound to be able to point you in the right direction if you get stuck.
  5. crodgers

crodgers New Member

Cool thanks. Managed to get three decks set up - I've got a 3 channel external mixer so two channels are running decks A & B (scratch) and then deck C is using the final channel although both C & D are controlled by the BCD.

It's probably enough to be fair but would be nice to have all 4. I dont suppose I've got any option other that buying a four channel mixer?
  6. Hippie

Hippie Forum Member

There are some new routing options in TSP2 that allow you to route more than 1 deck into a single channel. I think it's really for utilizing/integrating the sample decks tho and you're best off with a 4 channel mixer imo.
    Alternatively you could dispense with the conventional mixer and run 4 decks internally in Traktor, controlled via the BCD, with your speakers (or amp) and headphones connected to audio10.
  7. crodgers

crodgers New Member

Yeah I think a new 4 channel mixer is out of my budget right now!

Running 4 decks internally like that sound like a good alternative set up though. I'll have a look at setting that up then can switch between the two depending on needs.

Thanks for your help mate.