Using Mixed in Key with Traktor.

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by ossie99, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ossie99

ossie99 New Member

So I recently got the "Mixed in Key" software so that I can eliminate key clashes. However, the program requires that I analize each track in my crate which it will rename with the appropriate key in the file name. Does this mean I have to relocate each/every file in Traktor as well? Is there a way to (select all) in the track collection and relocate all at once rather than doing each individually?
    Thanks
  2. DJ James Lake

DJ James Lake NI Product Owner

Dont choose rename, select add to comments field or it will mess up your collection.

Be warned though Mixed in Key write ID3 tag version 2.4 tags, you may need to use itunes to convert them back to 2.3 tags and re-read tags in Traktor to get Traktor to see them properly.

There are several posts on the forum try a search it should help.
  3. ossie99

ossie99 New Member

Thanks James,
    So, I did some searching before my post. It looks like Rainer wrote a nice program for copying over file tags from MiK to Traktor, however it is for PC not Mac. The other thing is that I try and avoid using itunes to manage all my DJ music because I dont like the way that it writes file information and it makes a mess of the library. I am considering making a seperate itunes library just for my dj collection, copying over the file tags to the library(but not the files themselves) then trying to use MiK to analyze THAT itunes library, but keeping the file in its original location. Could this work? Cheers
  4. DJ James Lake

DJ James Lake NI Product Owner

You dont need to use any other program to write the tags from Mixed in Key to traktor.

You dont even need to use itunes to manage the songs. I dont either.

All you need to do once you have used mixed in key to tag the songs and added the key into the field that traktor can read (set in MIK) and also into the comments field is drop all the songs onto an empty playlist in itunes and right click then select convert ID3 tags, choose version 2.3 and your done in iTunes. Itunes wont touch the other tags.

Then in traktor select the tracks and read tags again. The info will now display properly in Traktor.

Try it with a couple of tunes and see what I mean.
  5. alexwilson86

alexwilson86 New Member

traktor has a key field. put the keys in there and then you can sort and search.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.