1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Very Serious Bug in Traktor v2.5

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Tube Designer, May 24, 2012.

1. Tube Designer

Tube Designer Forum Member

When you have second beat marker (not cue point) in the same track (usually in bootlegs and mashups) after a breakdown where it loses tempo then comes back on a downbeat. In Traktor v2.1.3 it worked fine, but in version v2.5 after the second beatmarker, Traktor still syncs to the first beatmarker making the sync feature useless. NI probably thinks, that we r beta testers and not working DJs :)
  2. Mystic38

Mystic38 Forum Member

So..what do you want?.. a hug?..

You need to relax.. or at least ask yourself what will happen when you actually find a serious bug..not something trivial like this.......

but with a post count of 2 then who knows?
  3. Tube Designer

It's not so trivial. Beat gridding is one of the most important features in traktor, all these long awaited features in v2.5 depends on beat grids. I don't know what about you, but i expect for more serious developing and beta testing process from NI. Because my job depends on their products.
  4. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

That's not really so trivial if true. You'll no longer be able to sync up tracks that have a steady tempo but a phase change, although the OP should verify which track is the master and if he is using beat or phase sync.
  5. Bassfly

Bassfly NI Product Owner

Maybe you all should Report this to the Support.
  6. rainerh

rainerh NI Product Owner

I can see this too, and it happens in both Sync Modes.
    And this shouldn't happen.

Sometimes bugs are serious for one person, and not for another. (Let's keep the attitude friendly.)
  7. Tube Designer

Already done!
  8. dagstar84

dagstar84 Forum Member

I also noticed problems when gridding new tracks. I tried two tracks with both versions.

1st: Must be the Music by De La Soul 320kbps mp3

Traktor 2.1.3 detected it correct right away, beatgrid was solid and could be locked
    Traktor 2.5.0 grid was in the right tempo but off phase, so I tried setting a beatmarker manually, but this beat marker would jump around and not remain in position when moving around the track. That is a serious bug!

2nd: Something by Chaka Khan

Traktor 2.1.3 detected it almost correctly. Thing is, this Song has its first downbeat on the second transient, (it starts on a 4 and then follows the one). By tapping to the track Traktor would correct its beatmarker and set in on the correct downbeat by itself. This is important for the phase meter to be useful.

Traktor 2.5.0 detected the right tempo, but even by tapping the first downbeat was not set correctly. Setting a manual beatmarker would result in a similar buggy behaviour as described above.
  9. rainerh

rainerh NI Product Owner

I have tracks too where the BPM is detected correct, but where the position of the gridmarker is good in 2.1.3 and where it is off in 2.5.

But I never see the gridmarker jumping around.
  10. Xtian317

Xtian317 New Member

Not very encouraging considering the 'improved beatgrid' functionality was one of the features being heavily touted.

Perhaps v2.5 should be renamed to 'Traktor - Remix Decks - reason to by our fancy new F1', since that appears to have been the main focus with this release.
  11. rainerh

rainerh NI Product Owner

The BPM detection is much better now.
    But the gridposition is more often wrong.
    So it's a mixed scenario
  12. NReek

NReek NI Product Owner

How much off phase was the grid? Just a bit? or half a beat?

Have you tried to mix that track with another one freshly 2.5 analyzed track?

How does it sound?

May it be that grid is off phase visually, but sounds good when mixed? That would be a great improvement, if it works as intended, removing the need to fine tune the grid against the metronome.

Otherwise, i wonder how such an improvement that has been announced in this critical subject, which has passed a 2+ months beta testing, could have a failure like this passing unadverted.
  13. Keir @ NI

Keir @ NI Community Man NI Team

We're aiming to address this in the next service update. I'll let you know more soon.
  14. rainerh

rainerh NI Product Owner

Here is an example of the same track, once autogrid in 2.1.3 and once in 2.5.0
    For this track the gridmarker is off 1/2 beat in 2.5.0

Attached Files:

15. NReek

NReek NI Product Owner

unbelievable. unbelievable twice. please rainer, tell me this is an isolated case, and that most tracks are in the right position. please!
  16. rainerh

rainerh NI Product Owner

Most tracks are okay. But I can give more examples of tracks with wrong gridmarker positions.

I would expect that if 2.1.3 can set the gridmarker right 2.5.0 could do it too.
  17. NReek

NReek NI Product Owner

So, acording to your description it appears to be similar to the scenario, in previous versions, when the grid was set automatically one beat before the first actual beat. It kind of detected a ghost beat in some tracks, in a random way apparently.

In any case, it means the collection can't safely be analyzed automatically, since results may become surprises often... Nice... Let's analyze the whole collection track by track again.
  18. dannybyrne29

dannybyrne29 NI Product Owner

Unbelieveable...!... i can see a very quick update for this new release.... tut tut.. but its still pretty stable and that what counts for me at the moment so thats cool...!
  19. rainerh

rainerh NI Product Owner

I would not re-analyze the whole collection. If the BPM and gridmarker are fine, they won't get better.
    And it is always good to check if BPM and grid are correct.
  20. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

I really don't get why there isn't a wider beta test?