Will the Midi-Mode Bug - Ableton, Traktor etc, etc - be Fixed With 1.8?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Felt216, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Felt216

Felt216 Forum Member

I wonder how many takes they had to shoot to make that maschine/ableton live video,because controlling ableton is a joke with maschine:(

Does the APC40 work better?
  2. trux

trux NI Product Owner

ostensibly they are both midi controllers and have their own pros and cons. on paper, they can both do clip launching and automapping to macro knobs. apc has sliders and more buttons, but doesn't have pressure sensitivity.

but, apc40 is plug n play with live. if you are having trouble or just aren't into custom mapping maschine in live then in that respect, the apc40 might work better for you.
  3. Rlondon777

Rlondon777 NI Product Owner

it is covered at maschinetutorials.com in detail with downlaodable templates
  4. Felt216

Felt216 Forum Member

It's not that I don't get how to use it with ableton ,it's just unstable ....will work 5 mins then stop!
  5. ricanstruction71

ricanstruction71 NI Product Owner

6. Felt216

Felt216 Forum Member

MacBook pro.....I hope they get it together soon
  7. trux

trux NI Product Owner

i have found keeping the controller editor open and making a new midi config preset in the osx audio midi devices panel helps alleviate this. but, having said that, i'm getting this issue all the time recently so i dunno if something has changed, but it feels like it is worse!
  8. ricanstruction71

iiiiiii,
    (Geez how many eyes we got here LOL), the above thread I mentioned you'll see your solution and many others were suggested and to no avail to us Mac users does this fix the problem. Zac Zyoti, TheStreisandEffect, myself, and others have reported this and many have submitted tickets to tech support as well. From opening the controller editor, to reinstalling Maschine and drivers, to OSX Audio MIDI device panels, etc. it's been done and that doesn't work for many of us. NI have confirmed the bug and say they are working on it. The above thread has that info from Intandem's post on the last page I believe. ;)
  9. hyena666

hyena666 NI Product Owner

i think that along with 1.8 will come a controller editor update. let's see if they fix it.
    hope so, its about their credibility, now its been too long since this has been reported...
  10. mcl

mcl Forum Member

Just recently came back to the world of Maschine....and came to the forum and couldn't quite beleive the same issue that was present 2 years ago still hasn't been addressed.

Is the official party line that they are still working on this? I'm assuming this is the same issue that i (and others) had all that time ago:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120493

Would have thought it would have been addressed by now. You think it ever will be? 2 years is a long time for a bug to float about. Would be good to see it squashed!
  11. Felt216

Felt216 Forum Member

I understand maschine is a man made non perfect unit that's expected with anything man made trial and error,BUT to advertise when you know there are issues ain't cool at all is what I'm saying...

But the best solution to this problem is NOT using maschine with ableton easy fix right?

Looks like the apc40 is the way to go ,more $$$ but at least it does what it was made to do.....
  12. MotVeit

MotVeit New Member

Sorry I'm new to this forum and just got my maschine, but how do you work it in ableton
  13. Fuselier

Fuselier Forum Member

14. Intandem

Intandem Forum Member

Wow, this bug has been around for at least 2 years now with no fix in sight?

What's the official NI statement on this, they need to clarify that this will be taken care of with the new 1.8 update... If not there's going to be a massive publicity backlash.

I'm already telling people to steer clear of Maschine as a midi-controller and to find other avenues as Maschine is just not stable...

Tsk Ttsk NI... Tsk Tsk, releasing a new Maschine before making the previous one stable = bad customer relations
  15. Intandem

Intandem Forum Member

Will the Midi-Mode Bug Be Fixed With 1.8?

Well? What's the official NI statement on this rather frustrating issue?

If it's not being worked out by 1.8, then we have a massive problem on our hands and I feel as a Maschine owner and NI customer that I and everyone else, deserves an answer to the trailing issue.

There are multiple threads on the bug and it seems that a new thread is popping up almost daily, at the very least weekly. This bug has been around for approximately 2 years, since 1.5... That's ridiculous.
  16. ricanstruction71

I believe that was from one of your posts Intandem from the thread link I posted earlier here. If the question is if it will be fixed in 1.8 then I'd say the same as you.....it better be or NI is gonna have a lot of angry Mac users on hand.
  17. grillabeatz

grillabeatz Forum Member

You are right. Don't listen to these guys.
  18. sowari

sowari Moderator

out of interest, has anyone notice these issues with the Maschine Mikro?

sowari
  19. hyena666

hyena666 NI Product Owner

IT SEEMS ITS DONE!
    just downloaded the new controller editor and messed with ableton for more than one hour, switching from midi to maschine continually, tryng to keep things as busy as possible.

NO DISCONNECTIONS YET!

PLEASE TRY IT AND CONFIRM!
  20. ricanstruction71

For any Mac users reading this that have dealt with the Ableton/MIDI bug download the controller update but most importantly, update (replace) the Ableton template in the new controller editor software and delete and replace the Maschine Ableton template support files in the Ableton package contents folder with the new one. Visual feedback is better with this update...less confusing knowing what scenes and clips I'm triggering. Haven't used it for more than 10 minutes but loving it so far. will test later tonight to see if issues have passed.