Porton Down 1.6
A tool for breaking up the good mood
***** Ver 1.6 - 1.3 Snapshots won't work! *****
A synth for grim, foreboding unpleasantries and toxic shock fx. Meant as a go-to tool for thriller/horror/suspense soundtracks. By accident also does some polite stuff.
Best I could find in the factory library was Aeolotonium but I needed a little more control so here we are...
Inspired by and partially based on Aeolotonium. Credits to Adam Hanley for the noise-to-FM , basic filter sections, post filter noise and bleed.
Base frequency shifter by Sean Costello. Modulation routing, ctrls and stereofication by Henning Malm
Idea + Osc, LFO, Envelope, Stereo, Freq Shift, OD, Chorus implementations etc. by Henning Malm /OreKore 2018.
Snapshots by Henning Malm /OreKore 2018
Graphic Design by Henning Malm /OreKore 2018
Package includes Sync Spacedelay - yer ole faithful Dual Sync Delay and Microspace wrapped in the OreKore skin
Update 1.6.1 - Nov 3 2018
- Added Paule's snapshot bank "ingredients indica"
- Display for OP transpose
Update 1.6 - Nov. 3 2018
***** Old Snapshots won't work! *****
- Complete reconstruction of the dirt section. Implementing a couple of Luca Capozzi's diode emulators.
- LFO section rebuild
- Master Compression added
- Portamento added
- Oscillators now a mix of Core and Primary because.. CPU
- Pitchbend range selector added
- Complete GUI rebuild
- Old snapshot bank sort of restored, Added a messy new bank
- stuff I forgot..
Update 1.3 (July 05 2018)
- Paule made a really nice set of snapshots. Included here.
Update 1.2 (May 29 2018)
- Major GUI brush-up, Credits to Paule for nudging me into making my own knobs
- A few snap adjustments
- Brushed off some snaps, added a few more. Full bank now.
- New GUI, to match the rest of the toxic series
- New Chorus, 1 button added but knobs retain original IDs. However, this is a much beefier chorus and snapshots have been modified accordingly. If you've made your own snaps you may need to adjust Chorus settings.
- 1-unit delay added to sync function. Initially this worked fine without it, but at some point Reaktor decided to auto-add a delay, which rendered the sync function dead. If this happened to any of you in version 1.0, this should fix it.
- On Request, Komplete Kontrol support, should work for Maschine too.
- Snapshots reorganized and renamed for better Komplete integration. Oh, and there's a few new snapshots too... about a 100 in total.
[Txc] Toxic, aka unpleasant, atonal, distorted...foreboding, grim
[Sps] Suspense.... tada
[EP] Electric Pianos (ish)
[SFX] Sound Effects
That's it, I think... no automation mapping yet. I'm open to suggestions.