PCM Osc. with simple autotune for single-cycle waveforms
PCM OSCILLATOR MODULE
Drop a single-cycle wave form into the window to use it as an oscillator*.
- Adjust START and END points to find the right sound.
- Waveforms of 600 samples in length are tuned to C0 and can be pitched as required.
- Other sample lengths can be automatically tuned using the AUTO setting.
- Modulate the START and END points for timbre variation (in AUTO mode) and VIBRATO (in FREE mode).
- Includes a simple demo ensemble with a couple of snapshots, plus a few waveforms. More to follow as I use and build library :)
Credit to Michael Hetrick for the Stereo Looper from which this block was developed.
Also check out Adventure Kid for hundreds of 600-sample single-cycle waveforms... or make your own!
(PCM Oscillator Module was haphazardly cobbled together by Henry Bainbridge, some time in 2019).
* wild amounts of aliasing can occur, no idea how to solve that, but since I am using this mainly as a subtractive syth for basslines I am in no mad rush to resolve.