PCM Oscillator with autotune for single-cycle waveforms
PCM OSCILLATOR MODULE V1.1
Drop a single-cycle wave form into the window to use it as an oscillator*.
- Adjust START and END points to find the right sound, see how the waveform changes.
- Waveforms of 600 samples in length are tuned to C0 and can be pitched as required.
- Other sample lengths can be automatically tuned using the AUTO setting.
- Modulate the START and END points for timbre variation (in AUTO mode) and VIBRATO (in FREE mode).
- Includes a simple demo ensemble with a couple of snapshots, plus a few waveforms. More to follow as I use and build library :)
- front panel patching added
- pitch tuning readout added
Credit to Michael Hetrick for the Stereo Looper from which this block was developed.
Credit to Karl Sander for the Oscillator Tuner.
Also check out Adventure Kid for hundreds of 600-sample single-cycle waveforms... or make your own!
(PCM Oscillator Module was haphazardly cobbled together by Henry Bainbridge, some time in 2019).
* wild amounts of aliasing can occur, no idea how to solve that, but since I am using this mainly as a subtractive syth for basslines I am in no mad rush to resolve.