THIRD-PARTY SAMPLE LIBRARIES FOR KONTAKT / PLAYER
Drums & Perc.
- GRINDHOUSE is a collection of edgy, lo-fi, and retro-cool multi-sampled instruments with loads of character and a unique, 1970s Exploitation Movie vibe. If you’re looking for an eclectic collection of instruments that sound like they were sampled from old vinyl LPs - or maybe recorded off a bad copy of an obscure 1970s exploitation film - then GRINDHOUSE is for you. Our goal in creating GRINDHOUSE was to produce a virtual instrument that had the same vibe as those old exploitation films: a VI that is so bad, it’s good. GRINDHOUSE is designed for use in all sorts of Indie-style productions, or any project that calls for a lo-fi or “home-made” vibe. Whether you’re a songwriter, a producer, or a composer working for TV, film, or video games, GRINDHOUSE can be used to add grit and character to your music. You can use it to create loops, tracks, or entire songs that have a funky, crate-digger type of vibe. And of course, GRINDHOUSE is ideal for scoring your very own retro-style Kung Fu, Spaghetti Western, Biker Gang, Girl Gang, Women in Prison, Pinky Violence, Low-Budget Horror, Italian Crime, Japanese Yakuza, and/or Blaxploitation B-movie soundtracks.
- ARPS by Umlaut Audio is a percussive virtual instrument for Kontakt and free Kontakt Player that is intuitive to use and ideal for any composer or sound designer. Using four individual instruments comprised of various sampled percussive sounds, ARPS provides endless possibilities for rhythmic patterns. Take control of your tone with ARPS' fully-featured arpeggiator, adjustable FX and set your patterns to whatever timing fits your needs. There is no virtual arpeggiator instrument available that offers the simplicity and customization of ARPS, making it an essential tool for any composer or sound designer.
- Imogen Heap Box Of Tricks - Every aspect of Box Of Tricks has been shaped by Imogen Heap. An exclusive selection of 13 of her instruments, sampled in detail and with custom scripts, effects, and tools; all designed the way she wanted to use them. Box Of Tricks has been beta-tested in Imogens live performances and studio projects: a process that helped generate ideas and refine the instruments. From an initial idea about a free Heap instrument, to the final result, 3 years later; Box Of Tricks is a truly extraordinary collaboration.
- THE DEFINITIVE GAMELAN COLLECTION - Soniccouture Balinese Gamelan II features two full gamelan ensembles: Semaradana Gamelan Ensemble (LSO, London) and Gamelan Batel Ramayana (Toronto). Over 30 different instruments were recorded in great depth to capture the living, breathing sound & dynamics of gamelan. Play individual instruments or the whole ensemble at once - complete control over the gamelan sound for experts & newcomers alike.
- Weighing in at over 25 GBs is a collection of 5,000+ morphed cinematic instruments & multis derived entirely from true orchestral recordings. A modern day virtual instrument that transcends ANY morphed/effectual orchestral sample library ever created. Geared for film, TV, and game composers, MORPHESTRA 2 morphs together amazing psychoacoustic sampled symphonic winds, strings, and percussive instruments using Sample Logic’s flexible multi core system resulting in a dynamic world where music and sound design collide.
- Capriccio is our biggest Orchestral collection yet, both in terms of physical size and in terms of sound, which is just...BIG! We had conductor Petr Pololanik approach the limits of his Capellen orchestra for these recording sessions, and the resulting energy, drive and power really comes across in each and every sample. Each phrase has been carefully treated from conception through production to implementation in the final instrument, to make sure it would work as a whole, and be as widely usable as possible. We say it is big, and the sound is big, but as you can hear from the demos the sound has a diverse range of uses and is only limited by your own imagination. You can use Capriccio as a base for your composition, or to complement your existing piece, using only bits and pieces. It can be really loud and awe-inspiring, or gently set the mood.
- What began almost a decade ago with the award-winning AMBIENCE • IMPACTS • RHYTHMS (A.I.R.) — a set of diverse score tool instruments geared for film, TV, and game composers — and continued through THE ELEMENTS — sample instruments focused on the six ‘elements’ of music (Ambience, Bass, Harmony, Impacts, Melody, and Rhythm) — and SYNERGY — a breathtaking collection of innovative electronic and morphed world instruments — comes to a head with CINEMORPHX. Creatively reworking, re-morphing, and recreating over 30GB of its finest cinematic sample material, Sample Logic has succeeded in assembling the most comprehensive cinematic virtual instrument available anywhere — past, present, or future!
- GAMELAN is where world instruments meet hybrid sample synthesis. After years of honing the art of sound design and sample creation, Sample Logic has morphed and mutilated a collection of over 25 world-class Balinese Gamelan instruments to create cinematic quality atmospheres, melodic instruments, percussive impacts and loops. These impressively dynamic recordings were played by the renowned San Francisco Bay Area Gamelan Sekar Jaya (GSJ) ensemble on the scoring stage at Skywalker Sound, to provide a collection of over 1,400 world-class traditional and morphed Gamelan instruments, an impressively versatile array of sounds sure to find its way into productions of all types. Weighing in at over 14GB, this Kontakt Player library is sure to open the minds of sound designers, composers, musicians, and producers alike.