THE DEFINITIVE SAMPLING PLATFORM
- The industry-standard: KONTAKT powers the biggest selection of sampled instruments available
- Included factory library puts 55+ GB of detailed, creative, and expressive instruments at your fingertips
- Shape your sound with on-board tools including modulation, wavetables, envelopes, and effects
- Build your own instruments with powerful sample-editing and instrument-building options
MORE THAN A SAMPLER
Main GUI: KONTAKT 6 features a clear layout, with flexible adaptive interfaces, allowing huge creativity for instrument designers – as well as keeping things easy to navigate.
Library section: The Library browser lets you browse all the officially licensed KONTAKT PLAYER instruments you own (around 600 available), with over 2,000 more commercial libraries available via the File browser tab.
New Play Series instruments: KONTAKT 6 comes with the first three KONTAKT Play Series instruments: Powerful and streamlined, they are new twists on contemporary, release-ready sounds, with intelligent performance controls.
Retro Machines MK II: Included with KONTAKT 6, RETRO MACHINES MK II is a collection of 16 definitive analog synthesizers and keyboards. Lovingly sampled, it places the realistic sound of these classic machines at your fingertips.
Factory Library: KONTAKT 6 also includes the KONTAKT factory library – hugely popular with our users, covering a huge range of sounds, from orchestras and world instruments to classic synths and drum machines.
Sampling and instrument creation slicing: KONTAKT is a powerful sampling tool, allowing you to import and record your own samples, then slice, map, and process them, to create custom instruments using the industry standard set of sampling tools.
Extreme detail: KONTAKT enables hyper-realistic instrument libraries. Multisampling, intelligent sample switching, and more, mean playable sampled instruments are often indistinguishable from the real thing, right down to subtle playing techniques.
- Introducing KONTAKT Play Series: Three new instruments for the KONTAKT library, offering pristine, contemporary sound in a creative and streamlined interface
- Wavetable synthesis module: Build hybrid instruments for entirely new sounds
- Enhanced effects: Even more effects for your creations, for greater expression and realism
- Creator Tools: New standalone application dedicated to improving the library creation and editing process.
GET THE DETAILS
THREE NEW INSTRUMENTSKONTAKT 6 introduces the KONTAKT Play Series: New twists on sought-after sounds. Each places powerful, creative processing chains into a simple, intuitive interface. These hybrid instruments combine wavetable synthesis with creatively sampled content, allowing dynamic live blending and sound sculpting.
The instruments all feature eight carefully assigned macro controls, corresponding to the eight rotary encoders on our KOMPLETE KONTROL and MASCHINE hardware. These controls are mapped to numerous shared parameters behind the scenes, so you can change a sound dramatically with a single twist of a macro knob.
POWERING SAMPLED INSTRUMENTS
As well as our own KONTAKT instruments, there are currently around 600 licensed instruments from other manufacturers that run in KONTAKT, plus thousands more so-called ‘indie’ instruments. This diverse ecosystem means that KONTAKT 6 is your access point to the industry’s biggest collection of playable sampled sound.
ABOUT THE KONTAKT ECOSYSTEM
BUILDING INSTRUMENTS IN KONTAKT
KONTAKT 6 also introduces Creator Tools. This standalone application offers a multi-instance debugger and instrument editor to radically streamline and improve the instrument creation process.
MORE ABOUT BUILDING
KONTAKT also works seamlessly with the Light Guide on KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES keyboards for one-to-one visual feedback. Access extended performance controls such as articulations (slide on a guitar instrument or mute on brass, for example), pattern switches, key splits, and more.