Terminus Est 1.3
Dirty bass / drone monosynth
Terminus Est is a straightforward, dirty and fun bass/drone monosynth. Easy to use, immediately rewarding and beautifully aggressive.
All of the implementation is done in Core, resulting in relatively low CPU footprint and excellent sound quality.
High sample rates (88.2khz and up) recommended for optimal results.
- Removed oversampling to reduce CPU overhead and make the instrument more easily maintanable. It's recommended to set Reaktor sample rate to at least 88200
- "Spread" now slowly adds 4 additional sawtooths (was 2)
- Additional sawtooths in "Spread" mode now have slightly modulated pitch to avoid obvious beating
- Fixed osc phase issue related to "Spread" mode
- Slightly different filter implementation, improved bass response
- Adjusted parameters in the "Wreck" noise mode
- Gain staging adjustment
- Tuned "Mad" mode for more consistent results
- Some optimizations here and there, reducing CPU
- Fixed OS implementation
- Added control smoothers
- Fixed small DC offset
- More self-oscillation potential
- Initial release
- Sub oscillator (pulse/tri)
- Multi-sawtooth oscillator with spread (detuned unison) control
- Noise oscillator: Pink/White modes and a 'Wreck' mode (borrows the guts of the 'Dust' block by Michael Hetrick).
- Amp, filter and mod envelopes
- Sallen-Key non-linear filter (MS-20 style)
- Info tooltips and snapshots
Some knobs and scales taken from Efflam Le Bivic's excellent series of UI resources.
Big thanks to all builders for sharing their awesome knowledge!
Last but not least, big thank you to Thalia Niniou for providing her design skills for the panel interface!