JoWa Wavelet Library
Modular Wavelet Library
- Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT) using polyphase (faster) FIR filter banks
- Wavelet Transform based on the lifting scheme (lower latency and cpu consumption)
- Dual-Tree Complex Wavelet Transform (based on two DWT trees)
- Inverse Transform for "perfect reconstruction" (except rounding errors)
- More than hundred wavelets. orthogonal (equal power) and bi-orthogonal (linear phase)
- Flexible tree control. Every node can be bypassed via event signal.
From dyadic to packet and anything in between.
- In-Place transformation into the audio stream. "One wire" for the spectral data per transformation.
- Latency sum for compensation
- Delay compensation for unused/bypassed filter-nodes
- Frequency ordered spectral bands
- Modular cascade-able design
- Documented and Tested
- Tutorial included
What is different to other projects?
Other project have already showed, that it is possible to do wavelet transformation within Reaktor.
JoWa is done from scratch and with design for modularity, reusability and readability in mind.
Two other projects dealing with wavelets in Reaktor:
"salamanderanagram" showed with "Reaktor Wavelet Project", that the dual-tree complex wavelet transform can be done in Reaktor. Great functioning ensemble with a nice spectral display.
"Blok Dak" has a nice "64ch. Wavelet Playground" to play with different settings.