An experimental drum sequencer exploring Tempo Modulation
Dilithium For Native Instruments Reaktor 6
Dilithium is an experimental drum and percussion sequencer for Native Instruments Reaktor 6 that allows you to explore tempo modulation on a per track basis. Dilithium has its own Global Clock that can be used to synchronize, modulate and reset the track clocks. However you can still use the Reaktor standalone or DAW clock in plugin mode. An additional midi-only version is provided for sequencing plugins or gear, or to use as a clock controller.
8 Tracks are available in various modes:
● Sampler FM
● Beat Looper
● Audio Gate
● Midi Out
New in version 1.23:
● Master Tempo Curve - You can now modulate the Master clock tempo allowing you to affect the tempo of all tracks at once. This works in conjunction with track clocks which might themselves be modulating tempo. For example, you might have discrete track tempo changes and then want to ramp everything over a longer time frame.
● Changed scaling on tempo curves and controls to support hard-cuts and ratcheting
● Tempo division buttons for ¾, ½, ⅓ and ¼ time (gates)
● Added INIT snapshots with empty tables
● Snapshot Controller - Snapshots can be triggered in the panel using the bank and pad controls which also serve as a display for the current snapshot. Pads are arranged in banks of 16 to work with 4x4 midi controllers
● Track LEDs - Activity lamps now indicate events around the track select buttons
● Event Generators - Each track now has gate and pitch event generators to fill in tables with a single click including randomization
● Hardware Map: Dilithium_MaschineMk1.ncc for NI Controller Editor included. Layout for using the NI Maschine Mark I controller in midi mode as a Dilithium controller
All tracks can output midi and samples, while tracks 7 & 8 additionally offer Beat Looper and Audio Gate modes. Tracks 1 & 2 have dedicated overdrive.
Dilithium comes with snapshots that can be triggered with midi notes, program change or CC messages.
Designed by Jonathan Adams Leonard (2019)
Dilithium Demo 1: Recorded with Dilithium and SY66 for Reaktor.
Tour Beatz: Recorded in the upper front lounge of a tour bus enroute from Switzerland to Belgium and are snapshots directly from Dilthium.
Confuzion: Drums with midi version of Dilithium. Flute by Michael Higgins.
Picture: 2018 Justin McGrath