Physical Modeling synth for plucked acoustic string instruments.
Acoustring version 2.2 update info (09.10.2005):
- This version is for Reaktor 5 (and higher). If you only have Reaktor 4, please click "show other versions" under Details to the right. Then download Acoustring v2.0 (NOT Acoustring v2.1 since this contains the wrong file).
- Added a knob for controlling velocity sensitivity (VelSens) in the Post-filter section, so that you can make keyboard playing sound a bit brighter (more like the Random note player).
- Added 6 new presets (Snap 28 - 33)
Acoustring v2 update info (07.09.2003):
- I have kept all the presets from version 1.0, and they all sound the same as before. I have made some small changes to the Exciter > EQ > Pre-filter unit. I added Peak EQ (or mid frequency EQ), tiny on/off switches to each of the EQs and some new filter types. Apart from these changes the String section is the same as before.
- All presets from Acoustring 1.0 have the following in common: They all have the Reverb and the new Random note player switched ON. All other effect units are switched OFF, but I have made usefull settings in these effect units for all version 1.0 presets, so all you have to do is switch them on (I recommend testing one at a time). The effect settings for the presets are very similar, but not the settings in the Filter/Delay combo unit. Here I have used different settings for each preset to show some of it\'s capabilities.
- The main changes in version 2.0 is probably the addition of the Filter/Delay combo unit and the new Random note player (the old style have been kept also). The new style player is based on Uwe G. Hoenig\'s ugh gTrigger in the Mr. Geiger macro in his very nice ugh geigerDrum ensemble. So, thanks to him and also to Jesse Buehler, who gave me the idea to dive into this macro in the first place. I have included a Readme file (AcoustringV2readme.txt) with information about and tutorials for these two units, and some information about clock controls.
- 26 presets
- Made with Reaktor 4.0.3 on PC
Acoustring is a Physical Modeling synth based on a simple implementation of the Karplus-Strong algorithm for plucked strings. Just don\'t expect something as advanced as the excellent Steampipe by Martijn Zwartjes. I made it specifically to create sounds that sound like plucked acoustic string instruments. Although it can\'t be made to sound exactly like a specific real acoustic instrument, I\'ve tried to make it sound natural, and the presets sound kind of like mutations of real instruments (one sounds to me like a mix of a harp and a guitar). Acoustring also responds to key velocity in the sense that the string sounds slightly brighter (not only louder) when you hit a key harder.
- There are a couple of piano like presets in there, but they sound very dark and only sound \"realistic\" on higher notes.
- Features 3 string sections (which means you could make a guitar with 18 strings!). Note that the CPU load will be much greater when you use all three strings.
- The excellent reverb is made by the excellent Martijn Zwartjes. I took it from his excellent SteamPipe2D :-)
- Features a Random note player (with lots of scales) which also simulates key velocity. Nice to have running when you create snapshots.
- Reaktor 4.0.2 on PC
Kristian \"anstiKri\" Thom