A powerful, flexible, easily changeable synthesizer.
Part of the Reaktor Builders Macros series. You will need a fast CPU to properly experience this.
OMega is a flexible synthesizer with standardized, easily changeable parts including:
20 filters in 2 banks;
20 effects in 2 banks;
30 inserts in 3 banks; and a
3 x 8 x 8 mod matrix.
There are multiple background images in panels allowing users to customize the color scheme if they wish. All the major components may be moved around to fit your display and workflow.
OMega offers many routing possibilities:
the oscillators may be cross-fed to two filters and can modulate each other;
the filters and effects may be in series or parallel;
inserts may be placed in pre- or post-processing positions;
feedback loop processing is available with a choice of three paths; and
handy indicators show ALL active components.
The oscillator-filter path is fully stereo and multi-voiced with many types of spreading effects (pitched, delayed, FM/AM modulated, etc.) to generate richly chorused sounds.
Documentation included (see B View) - OMega Description (PDF), architectural diagram, filter configurations, effect configurations. Test gear included - phase correlator, FFT analyzer; 4 chan scope; test tones. Utilities built-in: overload indicators, tremolo generator; sub-audio filter; transparent limiter.
Designed for a 1920x1080 HD display and a very fast CPU.
Many modules came from the Reaktor Builders Macros set, the NI Reaktor library, and from Reaktor U/L ensembles by these people: James Walker-Hall; Herwig Kra§; rachMiel; Chet Singer; Chris List; gabriel mulzer; Florian Schwehn; Robin Davies; Dieter Zobel; BertAnt; Ernest Meyer; Don Davies; Sowari; jopy; sellotape; Adam Hanley; Zed; harry.haller aka Tim Schwerdtfeger; Sandy Small; Martin Brinkmann; Christopher Lenz; Jan Gabler; colB; Jorg Holzamer; Siegmar Kreie; Erik Wiegand; Martijn Zwartjes; Stephan Schmitt; PDW; Hugo Portillo; lAZyfISh; B. deJong; pierre-andre soulier; and Martijn Deluxe.
The idea for OMega was suggested by Thomas Medes; the OMega architecture/filter/effect/insert design is by Jim Hurley (loosely based on the NI Massive synth); the oscillator/spread/GUI design is by Thomas Medes.
Changes in OMega 1.1 from 1.0:
0) "Mostly" compatible with version 1.0
1) More snapshots including all from v1.0.
2) Fixed a typo on Martin Brinkmann's name and other typos in info tips.
3) Added info tips for selector osc and a few other knobs here and there.
4) Remove version numbers in Images and Info tips.
5) Only one copy of 'Made', 'Byline' and Logo for A and B.
6) Updated PDF document and U/L blurb.
7) Added a few Event Smoothers to some controls, including mod wheel and foot controller MIDI CC data.
8) Set up Morph/Rand, defaults, and snap isolates for better snapshot handling.
9) Removed Mod Wheel control of Lilthree 'Center' knob.
10) Pitch not connected to Env 2 and 3 - no pitch scaling. Fixed.
11) Output band 4 not connected in QSL Compressor. Fixed.
12) Set better defaults in Feedback. More info tips.
13) Set up 4-chan scope defaults and 'best' settings for each snapshot.
14) Better EXT handling.
15) Fixed a L/R swap in a macro.
16) Added MIDI Mod Wheel to X and Foot Controller to Y in Virtuator. Same to Revenge of the Bucket Boy. And added Mod Wheel to FilterBank 'Shift' bar.
17) Removed dead lamps in FrankenCarbon oscillators.
18) Added y = ax + b (Scale, Offset) to mod matrix outputs
19) Replaced PitchShifter insert with a better version
20) Replaced Nifty Formant Filter with Gate
21) Went to a blue scheme - changed colors in Multi-ramp, meters, lamps, etc.
22) Switched selection of Osc from multipicture to simple selector
23) More consistent list appearances (text, sizes, buttons, spacing, etc.)
24) Any oscillator may be selected as a modulator to other oscillators - but the modulation port is not part of the spread architecture - it is a single oscillator feed from that macro. This sounds better as an AM, FM, or Sync source.
25) Slight change in 'Order' processing of Last Voice.
26) Mod Matrix selectors in filters, effects and inserts now uses switches to save CPU
27) Added Snapshot and bank selector
28) Added rachMiel's eZ randoMizer
29) More colors; put color selection on B-view; fixed all AB image views
216 color patterns for OMega (size 101KB)- 24 hues with 9 brightness levels per hue
Changes in OMega 1.3 from 1.2:
1.2.0: Layout changed to fit in Reaktor 5.5 full screen
1.2.1: Added off switch setting to 16-saw FM spread waveform to save CPU
1.2.1: More snapshots
1.2.2: Made warning OVER!! setpoint be at 0 dB instead of +1.5 dB; lowered CPU on some snapshots by turning off Limit, Scope and FFT; adjusted volumes on snapshots with Limit off. A few clarifying comments added to info tips here and there.
Version 1.4.0 changes from 1.3.0:
There was an initialization bug introduced in Reaktor 5.6 that caused Revenge of the Bucket Boy to generate an error. The author (Colin Brown) provided a fix.
Version 1.4.1 May 26, 2014
Automation IDs changed for Maschine. No sonic or snapshot changes.
Version 1.4.2 May 27, 2014
Added snapshot bank 3 from Bernd Keil "Made in Berlin"
Version 1.4.3 May 27, 2014
Fixed Event Loop in volume change (removed pre-Reaktor 5.6 Master instrument).