PitchKick (previously Sinebeats)
Specialized pitched kick drum generator
Previously released as Sinebeats, but due to a name conflict with a pre-existing Reaktor instrument I decided to rename my creation to PitchKick.
Originally conceived as a basic psytrance kickdrum generator, from version 3.0 this instrument features keytracking, both on the oscillators and on the filters. This facilitates creating pitched kickdrums, used primarily in hardstyle and hardcore musical styles. Some have reported using it as a sequenced synthesizer.
This one-trick-pony was originally designed to generate a frequency modulated sine wave kick. This kind of kick drums is heavily used in psytrance, progressive trance & minimal techno.
The 'B' Panel reveals a custom made audio shaper to add extra punch. Extreme values will result in heavy saturation. Hardcore kicks are possible as well.
I recommend sampling the kick you like and triggering it from a sampler, this allows more control over the tail amp envelope.
It's a basic tool but something I wanted to make for a long time. Enjoy!
- Added keytracking with scale adjust, pitchbend (mod wheel) and fine-tuning.
- Added distorted filter, with filter keytracking!
- Added custom shaper, for extra sonic carnage.
- Added sub channel to mix in the original pre-fx subbass for extra oooomphh.
- Brickwall distortion limiter to emulate overdrive saturation.
- Added 26 extreme kick snapshots.
-- update v2.1:
- Oscillators are now synced, so kicks are consistent every time. This makes fine-tuning the transition between Attack & Tail much easier.
- Added alternative Triangle & Square oscillators to create more variation or add slight distortion before the Destroy macro.
- Optimized Destroy macro
- Added new snapshot bank with 25 new kicks & more diversity in sound.
- Added fancy background image.
-- update v1.1:
added extra shaper models to the Destroy macro. '1' & '3' are very suitable from kickdrums, '2' & '4' are a bit noisier, more experimental. If you like the 1 knob destroyer just lift it out and save it to your library.