Toms Midi Mangler 1.1
A tool to vary incoming Midi randomly based on probabilities
"Toms Midi Mangler" is a Reaktor Ensemble that allows you to:
a.) Set a Probability for incoming Notes being randomly played (or not).
b.) Set a Probability for both Velocity and Pitch of the "surviving" Notes to be randomly offset.
c.) Set a maximum Random Offset Amount for both Velocity and Pitch for those Notes.
d.) Select if Velocity- and Pitch Offset should only go Up, Down or both Directions.
e.) Set an Upper and Lower Note Limit (with fold-back into the allowed range)
f.) Optionally keep the resulting Notes inside a certain Scale.
(the last part uses a Macro from bubu called bubumapper - thanks for that mate!).
Originally this was inspired by the Ableton Live Midi Tools that I missed in Bitwig Studio and other DAWs, but I now like it even more than those...
Run a simply Midi Clip through it for endless variations or just add a tad of randomness for slight deviations...
I also sometimes use it with the midi-only output of for instance the Drum VST Jamstix to add more variation and then limit the output range to fit the available range of a certain Kontakt Sample Library with noises, clicks or other stuff to get interesting rhythmic patterns outside the "Drums" realm...
In Bitwig Studio, you can place it anywhere in the device chain in front of your instrument.
In other DAWs you have to check how to set up the Midi routing correctly - often it is necessary to create additional tracks and route the Midi from one to the next.
- Rebuilt most of the structure as core cells.
- Better internal logic.
- Can't reproduce the reported hanging notes - please provide more information about used DAW, OS link a midi file you use etc. if you still have problems.
1.0 finally :-)
- I reworked the whole ensemble in Reaktor 6.0
- It should no longer produce excessive hanging notes although the node tracking is still on the simple side. (tested in Bitwig Studio 1.2 Beta 7)
- I used modified Core cells for the random part.
- The panic buttons should now work, killing all notes.
- The internal layout is a bit less cluttered.