MS-20 for Modular X
The old MS-20 from Solar X in a Modular X ensemble
... one more update:
- all modulations run at audio rate now (except for triangle oscillator - can be modulated at audio rate if the switch on the bottom left is on, but doesn't have the same sound then)
- the MS-20 filters from Kristian Thom (is that right?) are also integrated now - also at audio rate.
- pitch of the sequencer can be adjusted to regular 7 note scales on panel B with a modified version of "Microtune" by Michae Kurz - the notes that are switched off get tuned down a semitone.
A few notes to the rack:
- hardwired midi interface and clock (can be accessed through the lower sequencer outputs)
- new all-in-one-VCO's (Anti-Aliased, Super (9 individual VCO's in one), FM and Wavetable)
- all-in-one Filter module with all basic reaktor filter types
- Shaper module for extra distortion
- everything is mono, so you can go from any stage directly to the output
- the different pitch out- and inputs of the MS-20 can be switched to Modular X voltage for pitch compatibility.
- Envelope Generator 2 of the MS-20 can be accessed through the SC ADSR containers "out -" when the switch is on.
Big Thanks to Herwig Krass for creating Modular X (A simple Framework for your own modular synths) and helping out on the Forums!
Solar X for the MS-20!
Paule Amca for the skin!
Kristian Thom and Robert Elster for the alternative Filter!
You can use the ensemble as it is, or you can integrate the container into your own modular synth. Make sure the right side is 12 steps (one row) left to the right border of your rack. If you want to have another rack to the left of it - fill the overlapping space with empty containers and make them invisible.
Three switches in the lower right corner let you switch input and output of Pitch to the modular X standard, so you can use it as a midi-interface or let it be run by a sequencer inside your modular - or you can activate the audio input and control everything in the modular with pitch and amplitude of an incoming audiosignal.