21st Century EQ with a 70s Soul ... and keytracking!
NUVO EQ is a 3 Band Mono EQ for Reaktor Blocks and my modern take on a well known British Class-A Equalizer, that was designed in the 1970s. Frequency response and behaviour have been carefully emulated, to retain the characteristics of the original. All signal processing is done in Core. Performance and functionality have been optimized for the Blocks framework.
If you're looking for a standalone version for mixing and mastering check out NUVO 2074.
- +/- 12 dB of gain on all bands
- proportional Q design (= Q narrows at higher gain values)
- variable frequency on the low and mid band, high band is fixed at 12kHz
- low and high band are switchable between shelf and bell curve
- Keytracking lets the mid band follow the root note of your music
- gain knobs can be modulated
- click on the label to bypass all processing
If you have any questions or feedback feel free to message me in the forum :)
--- Version History ---
v1.0: removed DC filter
v0.65: added keytracking for the mid band, internal optimizations
v0.6: new visuals, replaced frequency selector buttons with knobs, high & low band are now switchable between shelf & bell, Q values at +/- 12dB are now identical to NUVO 2074, internal optimizations
v0.51: fixed a bug in the bypass function
After nearly two weeks of testing and research, the pieces are starting to come together. I've spent countless hours analysing and comparing the frequency response and behaviour of every natively available software emulation, digging through official specifications, schematics and manuals and watching interviews with the designer himself. So I'm really happy to release...
...v0.5 aka the 'Halfway there!'-update
- completely reworked internal structure and filter behaviour that is even closer to the sound and behaviour of the original hardware
- gain range has been adjusted to +/- 12dB for all bands to make modulation control easier
- bypass control has been smoothed to reduce audible artifacts
v0.4: - skipped -
v0.31: added bypass switch
v0.3: added A/B Mod, internal & visual optimizations
v0.22: implemented signal smoothing to prevent audible artifacts, that were especially apparent while adjusting the low frequency gain
v0.21: renamed to 'NUVO EQ', build parity with NUVO 2047, color adjustments, internal optimizations
v0.15: further finetuning of frequency response and gain settings, internal optimizations
v0.1: initial release