Ursa Major StarGate 323 Reverb
This is my attempt at a digital recreation of my Ursa Major StarGate 323 Reverb.
The ensemble is based on over 18 months of RnD, which included detailed analysis of the actual rom data, a low level emulation of the internal digital logic as well as modeling the frequency response of the analog filters.
Based on the design of the SST-282, the StarGate 323 offers eight different reverb modes, ranging from tight plates to gigantic spaces. Each mode offers a set of custom decay times, including a zero-decay setting. The zero-decay setting disables the reverb tail so that only the early reflections can be heard. This creates interesting stereo widening effects, which vary with each reverb mode. Pre-Delay is adjustable from 0-320ms and can also be used in conjunction with the zero-decay setting to create slap-back effects.
This project is in no way affiliated or endorsed by Ursa Major/AKG/Christopher Moore.
- added parameter names for midi control
- added noise on/off switch
- removed Michael Hetrick's sample rate reduction macro
- replaced Michael Hetrick's bitcrusher macro
- matched gain & noise levels with my hardware unit
- internal optimisations
- Happy 1 year anniversary :)
- Pre-Delay is now continuously variable!
- reduced CPU usage
- removed legacy 32kHz algorithm
- CPU optimizations
- updated GUI
- modulation input for the wet/dry control
- added delay time interpolation for higher samplerates
- improved anti-aliasing filters
- improved readability of the internal structure
- improved noise randomization
- improved noise modeling
- improved randomization
- improved parameter readout for Pre-Delay & Decay Time
- added the "original" tooltips
- added parameter smoothing
- added input mute & dry only buttons
- updated GUI + Rack ready
- added circuit noise
- I've been banging my head against the wall for four months straight just to realize that the reverb feedback signal needs to be inverted. tl;dr today the ensemble finally started sounding like my actual hardware. Enjoy!
- implemented sign inversion logic of the feedback & output taps
- adjusted internal feedback value
- fixed the comb filtering issue