Tel Ray Echo-ver-brato
Rough emulation of Electrostatic Variable Delay
This is a crude emulation of a tel ray variable delay device. It was built on the back of Michat's excellent tape echo emulation(s). I have left the multi-head function of Michat's space echo emulation in place, so this has more "heads" then a proper "tel ray", but that's just icing. There are tool tips and a handful of snapshots, if you have any questions, or suggestions for improvement, fire away.
Wondering what a Tel Ray Echo-ver-brato is? Check it out:
Credit where credit is due: This effect also features the EZfft Parametric EQ, Luca Capozzi's Tremolo macro, Jeff Brown's Push/Pull, the Toob Macro and probably other bibs and bobs from the UL (various authors). The great knobs are by Jonathan Style.
Also helpful was Piet Verbruggen and the Etap2/echotapper site - check it out:
* * *
1:43 AM, August 20, 2008 -->Last incremental update for the moment, I promise. This one is a big improvement on 2.1 though, honest.
10:45 AM, August 20, 2008 --> Version 2.3! NEVER SAY NEVER! Sorry, but here's version 2.6 (Thanks to NI's wonky upload form, should be 2.3), with another important improvement:
Version 2.6 adds:
- Made post-EQ LP filter visible(!)
- Reset LP filter point on all snaps, MUCH much better.
Version 2.2 adds:
- Revised (ahem, fixed) modulation eq section
- added fore/aft frequency analyzers (ripped from the UL) for the EQ to aid in making snaps. Turn them off to lower CPU usage.
- Revised GUI
- Revised Snaps
Version 2.1 adds:
- On/Off buttons for all "TelRay" effects in echo signal path: AM, EQ and PAN modulation
- Post FFT EQ LP Filter for further shaping of "reverse smile" curve, as a result the limited frequency response in the echo path is now quite pronounced
- Mod EQ settings tweaked (especially noticeable in the "Leslie"-like snaps
- Some internal signal path/structural changes
- Revised snapshots
- Revised GUI
Version 2 adds:
- Pan Modulation
- AM Modulation
- EQ Modulation
- Various Internal Tweaks
- Preamp Level Knob back where it should be on the front panel(!)
- Revised GUI (A and B)
Use the "Tel Ray-ifier" knob to control the amount of AM/PAN and EQ modulation applied to the Echo Signal path...
Rate and Depth control the modulation of all parameters: Vibrato, pan, am, Eq mod etc.
Mode chooses configuration and activation of Echo heads.
- Adds an alternate variable delay mechanism (swiped from the UL)
- Up control rate (in settings) to get rid of zipping/ripping audio from modulated filters
- New simplified signal path
- Replaced pan with Frequency Shifter macro by (c) 2003, Sean Costello / Valhalla Sound.