Polyphonic Blocks - Example
Bento Box Oscillator Converted to Poly
This upload is a simple proof of concept showing how a module conforming to the Blocks Framework can be made polyphonic. Once created, the code for a polyphonic Block can be made mono simply by setting the number of voices to 1.
The only changes made from the original code is to the Panel display elements - this means in theory we could update the Blocks Template files so that anything made with them could be easily switched to polyphonic simply by encapsulating the code in a macro rather than an instrument.
A video tutorial is coming soon to Reaktortutorials.com
Here is a quick overview of steps:
- Copy entire Block code and place it inside a macro instead of an instrument
- Select all code, right click and choose the 'set selection to poly' command
- Set MOD ASSIGN macro to monophonic
- Set all controls that don't have modulation (IE buttons) to mono
- Set all LABEL/VALUE macros inside modulation knobs to mono
- Replace all mod rings with poly displays (check the video for a full explanation)
- Set everything except the RING SHOW macro within any Freq/Pitch macro to mono.
- In PANEL macro, run A and B modulation signals thru an audio voice combiner before feeding them into the MOD ASSIGN macro.
by salamanderanagram, 2015