1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

1.5 Update/Logic 5.0 problem

Discussion in 'SPEKTRAL DELAY' started by lilainjil, Mar 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilainjil

lilainjil NI Product Owner

Anybody else still having a problem with Spektral Delay 1.5 on AudioInstruments in Logic 5.0? I am getting a system freeze everytime. Works fine on AudioTracks of course. I had just installed new ASIOdrivers for the RME Hammerfall Digiface prior to downloading the Spektral Delay update - could this have anything to do with it?

Andy
    (Logic 5.0, G4 450DP, OS 9.1,
    RME Hammerfall Digiface)

2. ghunter

ghunter New Member

Yup, I haven't been able to get SD to work in an Audio Instrument's insert in three tries now.

Nothing is new on my computer. Same old drivers, same old hardware. Looks like a Spektral Delay problem to me.

Graham

(G4/400 w/OS9.2.2)

3. jazzydred

jazzydred New Member

What's up guys.....I tried spektral in Logic 5 behind a mercury 1and anEXS24, and it worked fine........Maybe you still have something left over from your old version of spektral in you plugins folder? G4/400 1.25 gigs RAM Delta 66, Logic 5, Reaktor, Reason, Spektral Delay.....

4. killmaster

killmaster NI Product Owner

not working here

I've spent an hour trying different combinations of things and still it crashes as an Audio Inst. in Logic 5 Mac using Absynth. If it can live long enough it issues this error:

"The VST host program seems to be delivering inconsistent sample frame sizes. Audio hardware disabled. Try turning the plugin off and then on again"

I then turn the computer off cause everything is frozen solid. Long wait, checking every day for update and guess I'll have to wait a bit more. O well. I'm definitely waiting to get Kontact til I hear it all working!

5. Marius @ NI

Marius @ NI NI Team NI Team Moderator

Hello,

please make sure that the Spektral Delay plug-in is really installed into your Vstplugins folder. We heard from some Mac users that this sometimes seems not to happen. Nevetheless, you find the Vst plugin of Spektral Delay also in the Spektral Delay standalone folder. You can copy this plug-in manually to your Logic Vstplugins folder.

We will check next week if there is a problem in the installer regarding copying the plug-in into the right folder.

Best regards
    Marius Wilhelmi (NI)

6. lilainjil

Yes that was it. Thank you - it works now. Now, next problem: extreme latency.

It only happens with Spektral Delay - I tried the B4 as a mono VST efx plugin and there was no latency. With SD, however, I can see in the level meter that the input is fine, but the output meters (and of course the actual audio output) are delayed by what sounds like a good .5 sec. Both dry signal and wet. Unusable.

Latency back to zero as soon as I remove Spektral Delay from the audio instrument insert. EVP88, B4, ES1, Absynth thru RME Hammerfall Digiface on a G4 Dual 450.

Buffer size is set to 128 (3ms) in Logic 5.0.
    Multi-processor support is on.

Andy

7. tribalogical

tribalogical NI Product Owner

not logic but...

Had the same installer glitch updating SD 1.5 with Cubase...

Installs the update to the SD folder, and stand-alone is updated. VST fx is NOT updated in the Cubase VST folder however.. Had to do that manually!

cheers,

robinson

8. nedfx

nedfx NI Product Owner

I don't know if it will help (I don't own Spektral Delay... yet!) but you might want to check the memory allocation for Logic. I've found that with complex vst plugs, it helps to have more than 100 megs given to Logic, and the default setting after installation iis only around 60 I believe.

9. Marius @ NI

Marius @ NI NI Team NI Team Moderator

The workaround for Logic and any VST host computing wrong buffer sizes introduces additional latencies. It should be exactly double the buffer size of your audio interface settings in your host program. If your audio interface is set to 512 buffers in Logic, you can expect 1024 buffers for the Spektral Delay. Again, this only happens with hosts which compute a wrong buffer size.

Best regards
    Marius Wilhelmi (NI)

10. lilainjil

Marius, thanks for the reply. But I'm afraid you're losing me here. Right now the buffer setting on my RME Hammerfall Digiface control panel is set to 64 (1.5 ms). The latency I'm hearing is far more than double that. As I mentioned in an earlier post, this latency only occurs with Spektral Delay. When I use the B4 as a mono effect on an audio instrument I get no latency at all.

Btw, this is the first I've heard about Logic computing a wrong buffer size. Can you explain this? Is this a bug that Emagic is aware of? Or is it a problem with the RME driver?

Thanks,
    Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.