1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

1.7 and Razor - what am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by craazy, Sep 5, 2011.

1. craazy

craazy New Member

So I have Elements 7 (I guess) and I have updated the Reaktor Player to the latest but I cant seem to load this wonderful integrated Razor into the Machine unless I do it the ol' shift/browse method......is that for reals? So I cant use the new features unless I drop another $600?

Am I missing some crutial step? - please say I am....please?

2. Whagi

Whagi NI Product Owner

I have the full Komplete 8 and purchased Razor last night. I can't see it in Mashine either, unless its hidden somewhere crazy lol

3. TJ

TJ NI Product Owner

I was wondering the same thing. I only have the free elements instuments but i assumed they would be available with the Reaktor player update but they are not showing up.

4. ScottC

ScottC Forum Member

im guessing this is also my problem. i have updated to 1.7 in hope of being able to browse with the controller. while im able to select a plugin using the shift/browse that is where it ends. Im unable to browse patches or anything. I have the Komplete elements / komplete for maschine i updated these to the latest versions but im still unable to browse patches.
    [​IMG]
    this is what i want to be able to achieve

5. 75er

75er Forum Member

Razor, Massive Threat, The Finger, The Mouth, ... none of them shows up in Maschine 1.7. Thought there will be some easy Preset browsing and stuff, but at the moment I still have to use my mouse or trackpad and click around on the computer instead of getting my hands on Maschine :(

6. awol9000

awol9000 NI Product Owner

Sowari seems to be the only person here with no problems. Maybe Keir can pipe up on this issue.

7. Fuselier

Fuselier Forum Member

minbe are ok! erm... you may have to run them in stand alone mode first. The Mouth, The Finger and Razor run through reaktor (and reaktor player) I would have thought they wouldnt need running in stand alone, but give it a try if you havent done so already....which you prbably have, in which case I dunno.

8. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

Yeah, they aren't going in mine either. Do you need Komplete 8 for them to show up. That is my only guess. I've ran all them on standalone mode.

9. de wouzer

de wouzer NI Product Owner

I have no problem with this
    I installed K8 ultimate
    Razor is in my display, with all presets

10. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

can you guys check which version of Razor you have please.

you all need to update Reaktor to 5.6.1 if you have the full version.

also, you also need to update Absynth, FM8 and Massive, if you have those synths.

sowari

11. Stouthart

Stouthart Forum Member

Razor from K8 Ultimate seems to work. However, if you previously bought Razor and have installed it manually, Maschine wont detect it. It's not visible under Preference/Libraries and sofar I have not found a way to manually add it.

Razor.jpg

12. mavano

mavano New Member

How did you get Prism, Spark and the Finger in that list? Do you own K8? Or did you do something else...

13. Mads L

Mads L NI Product Owner

if you have bought Razor as a standalone instrument you will need an update for this instrument so the correct preset format will be installed on your computer. Simply updating reaktor will not help in this case.

We have a new preset format for the komplete 8 content which makes it available in the maschine browser. This is delivered with Komplete 8 and Komplete 8 ultimate.

The reason is simply - time. The razor instrument was release way before we started converting content to the new format. And as mentioned, instrument updates are in the pipeline so user that bought Razor as a standalone instrument will also be able to browse these presets in the maschine browser.

14. TabSel

TabSel NI Product Owner

When?

15. craazy

craazy New Member

Yeah is there a time frame for this? I LOVE Razor and I have thought about adding a few of the other standalone instruments.....I can use them the way they are without issue but sure would love the functionality described in 1.7

16. 75er

75er Forum Member

I'm still able to load Razor the old way like in 1.6, but when I save a project and load it again there's no sound.
    I allways have to load Reaktor5 Player and Razor again when I open a saved project to hear the sound of Razor.

I'm on a MacBook Pro 2,3 GHz 4GB RAM, Mac OSX 10.6.8 with all the latest Maschine and Komplete Elements Updates.

17. buzzfunk

buzzfunk NI Product Owner

So let me get this straight:

K8 does not contain Razor, which works in Machine. So If i purchased Razor before and own only K8, you guys screwing me out of using it within machine?

WHERE is the logic in that?

18. chopchop

chopchop Forum Member

i had that trouble with synths in reactor and maschine 1.7.
    after contacted technical support the conclusion is:

19. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

please not that an update of Razor will be released hopefully in the not to distant future.

this update will enable the Presets to be seen in Maschin'e Browser.

Reaktor 5.6.2 is in the development stage check the Reaktor Forum to see the sticky.

sowari

20. buzzfunk

buzzfunk NI Product Owner

Thanks for clearing that up. At least you dont have to wonder anymore....