1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

10 years Maschine - why no expansion-SALE ?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by The Sarge, Aug 16, 2019.

1. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

...so when the orange maschine was announced ni was like "wait...this is only the first day of the campaign..." and then there was an expansion...and that's it or did i miss something?...

2. Tony Jones

Tony Jones NI Product Owner

I think we all get sidetracked over the bigger NI news. We've actually had just two bits happen, no new release at all. I would have thought am expansion sale would have been perfect (plus I'm in buying mood!)

3. raphaël_

raphaël_ NI Product Owner

anybody expect something new? it's NI, c'mon guys.
    i bet they can't manage to pull out a song mode or freakin scalable UI's before years end...

4. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

You really think anyone is going to bet on this :p:D:p:D:confused::D

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

unfortunately this seems to be all, so no Expansion-Sale :(

Organik_Dream
    did I hear some ironic words?

6. Organik_Dream

Organik_Dream NI Product Owner

Not at all, am simply overwhelmed. Especially the chromatic fire expansion , it’s the next level.

7. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

why is that next level? Really curious.

EDIT: Now I get it. ;-)

8. Organik_Dream

Organik_Dream NI Product Owner

Lol ;) the expansion refuses to be uninstalled real talk :eek:

9. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

I will say I love there expansions!

10. The Sarge

tomorrow is official holiday in germany (reunion of east & west) so we wouldn´t get new infos

did someone still believe that there´ll come something more as Mick @ NI posted?
    selling the community with rabbatt is giving something back to the community!

or was the little 10 project-expansion now everything and the celebration is over?

11. The Sarge

12. davemacp

davemacp NI Product Owner

I've never heard of her and I'm not a fan of her music, but she's collaborated with some big names, so probably quite wellknown in some circles.

13. The Sarge

Mick @ NI
    don´t know how long we/I "stay tuned"? thought there would be something big/great coming, but just some interviews with to me mostly unknown people and then this little something like an Expansion which was more a remix-construction.kit tbh

is the 10-years-celebration over?

still hoping for an expansion-sale like in the past: take 2 pay 1 or a 9 for $99 or something else :oops:

some comments/reactions/news from you Mick @ NI would be nice and helpful :thumbsup:

14. muitosabao

muitosabao NI Product Owner

most likely things/plans changed with the restructuring and the layoffs? Just a guess...

15. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

This has partly influenced it yes.
    yes

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. The Sarge

that´s sad
    and that was all this BIG celebration for which had to "stay tuned"
    sorry but for a company PLUS product which had so much success the last 10 years it was like a normal bunch of flowers for 10years-married

ok, the year closes in a few weeks, the first year where NI got so less money from me and got me so disapointed then never before - your choice....

17. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

I know I'm late, I also missed the party (kinda sad about that but... oh well) but...

Because after 10 years everyone already has a Maschine, right?! :D

(edit)

Meh, note to self: read whole thread before commenting?

Anyway, I can understand it was a bit of a let-down for some (then again, I don't know what actually happened other than the lay offs) but... I dunno.

Honestly? I think it was a good move from N.I. not to persuade the celebrations and go out full force due to the fact that this cut has hurt the company one way or another. Dunno about you guys but I also like to try and think from the other point of view and where I'm standing I can only see a lot of respect going out from N.I. towards their former colleagues.

Maybe that wasn't the intention, I couldn't care less, because I still think it was fitting that they didn't pursue on the celebrations but left things as-is. Because such lay offs aren't exactly grounds for celebrations in the first place.

It's always easy (this also applies to me, yes) if you're talking from the side lines.

But for what it's worth I'm happy with 10 years worth of Maschine.

This was me 9 years ago after I picked up the Maschine Mk1 and ran into issue after issue. I don't recall all details anymore but the DVD didn't work on my player and to add insult to injury I could also easily copy said DVD, burn the image to quality DVD-R and then the copy wouldn't work either :rolleyes:

And then I also noticed the shoddy feel of the Mk1. I was not impressed with the overal hardware quality, I can tell you that :confused:

So here we are 10, 9 for me, years later and what do you know? o_O

I now not only own a Maschine Mk3, I'm even pretty excited about all the stuff I can do with this too!

Seriously.. the creative potential of this gizmo is in my opinion unheard off.

Sometimes less is honestly more... (in my particular context: 16 pads on my Maschine vs. the 64 pads on the Push).

So I loaded "Balanced Kit" which is part of the Cavern Floor expansion (darn it.. I'm using expansions long before I got more familiar with Komplete internals! :D). I noticed that the 3 upper right pads (C#0, D0 & D#0) had a very specific sound so I marked them in blue (that was my self-applied assignment for the evening: find out how to color individual pads). But those three have a very peculiar sound to them... so... I played it C#0, D0 and then D#0. Sure, a simple 3 note pattern but hey: Close Enounters used 5 so I'm already half way! :rolleyes:

Anyway, after D#0 I hit the keyboard mode and played a random pattern which.. well, I think sounded pretty good...

Thing is though: I stil used 3 basic tones, I spread out on across 16 pads for a bit of variation but in the end it was still 3 root notes!

Now the reason why I was so impressed is because Push filters notes. Not just the semi-tones but whole notes in between too if it deems that those don't match the current key. From what I can tell Maschine doesn't do this (not that drastically anyway), yet I still managed to come up with a somewhat catchy melody (at least it was for me! :p). It heavily reminded me of Patapon (a minigame in it); Patapon is a fun game for the PSP.

Anyway, so then I loaded a basic 808 kit onto group B, I quickly found the 'core percussion' which I wanted to use and colored it orange (based on group A), Colored the 2 conga's and the tom yellow. The clap & open HH became light orange & lime and then I started messing around by using both groups and just jamming! :mad:

THEN I got into playing some more with group A (keyboard mode) when I recalled the touch strip, so I turned on 'pitch' and started applying that as well.

... 25 minutes later...

I forgot to hit record :D

But this wasn't a thing 10 years back. Heck, coloring individual pads wasn't even a thing shortly before I picked up the Maschine but N.I. still managed to cram in the functionality within an already extensive feature set.

It's easy if you look at the here and now or only focus on what applies to you, but in the general sense of this whole thing I honestly believe N.I. doesn't deserve some of the slack they're getting. Sure I'm not claiming they're perfect or anything (just look at this thread :eek:) but they sure know how to come up with appealing sound presets and cramming those into the Maschine :thumbsup:

Like I said, definitely not perfect but pretty darn impressive nonetheless.

</vent>

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019