1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Eddie Jag, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

They have had it removed for 6 years already :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Go and check out the Celomony Facebook page (Melodyne). Observe how they respond to users comments and requests. Almost every one of them. I made a couple of requests via their support channel, which within 48 hours they stated that they were implementing (ARA integration for studio multi track, record monitoring for standalone). They are features that really should have been supplied in the first place. I'm not in the slightest bit worried about it now, happy to work around for six months. Not only that Melodyne appears almost entirely bug free (the few bugs found upon release were patched in less than a week). Just amazing performance considering the products complexity and tiny amount of staff.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  3. mmmotion

mmmotion NI Product Owner

Yep, after the initial craze about the new update that BigCess's comments caused, I've been thinking long and hard about the current state of Maschine. I think it's a bloody brilliant piece of software, my productivity increased tenfold since I moved exclusively to it. I've been working on FLStudio for almost 15 and Ableton for almost 5 years until that point.
    Nowadays, I haven't loaded Flstudio in 6 months now, and I use ableton when I have to collab or mix some full tracks. I produce solely in Maschine, and I perform a live set with it controlling everything.

Yes, Maschine has a slew of limitations and odd developer choices, but there are workarounds and it's still very usable.

On the other hand, this complete lack of communication is starting to get to me, and if I weren't as invested in the Maschine eco-system as I was, I would probably get rid of it and try something else. NI is going down a dangerous path now, and I can't fathom how no one in their management can see this
    Loads of people are frustrated with the fact that NO ONE has any idea what's going on, and they are putting their used Maschines on sale. This means that fewer people are buying NEW Maschine packages, and it's also dragging down the price and value of the brand.

A simple info on what features are coming up or at least WHEN we MIGHT expect some development COULD remedy this.

I wonder whether we should make a stand as a community and reach out to them pointing out that this is really wearing us down, and that having a disgruntled active core base is a REALLY REALLY dumb business move.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

This has been the sentiment for the past year at least; so NI are aware of the views of the core user on the forum, but they have not seen fit to communicate.
    So that's your answer; their non-response is their response, so safe to assume NI could no care less about the core user base; and certainly dont care to communicate their intent with the users as long as they can sell sample packs.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Why would I care if I don't use the product anymore? Makes no sense.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  6. Zombieskank

Zombieskank New Member

I think people should care, regardless. This type of thing is bad for the music business as a whole. It's especially bad that one of the leading companies can treat their customers, who by the way made them a top company, this way. If others see NI be successful with the approach, why wouldn't number 2 and 3 follow suit?

• Like Like x 1
  7. CakeAlexS

When time and money is spent learning a product, and you find it does not work as advertised once you have done it, you do care. I personally feel ripped off. If NI gave me the money and time I invested I'd be happy to bin it.

It appears from the outside looking in right now that NI does not care about the user base and just wants to sell expansion packs, limit users integration with their existing third party hardware (such as keyboards and arps), sell them extra hardware that will apparently work... Without supporting it properly (bugs and stuff). And leave out some really obvious stuff that should have included on day one.. And then just say nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

Only on version 2.4... just saying
    They will surprise everyone.

9. Spazoo

Spazoo NI Product Owner

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Mr Mahogany

Mr Mahogany NI Product Owner

Same here..I just wish some other company would license Maschine expansion access and then make a pad controller that could load my expansion library. I'd sell Maschine right away.Its just a real pain in a daw

11. skinswashdc

I hear you. Hope they come up with something soon.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

dunno what ur talking about; re-read my post I have edited to make it clearer.

13. alecman

alecman NI Product Owner

Finally back from my ban. Sorry NI for speaking out the truth but you are currently driving against a wall. Please ban me for this another time. This time (the third I think) it was 30 days, I can't wait to see what's the next time span gonna be.

Anyway:
    I don't understand how people can still defend Maschine. You must be blind not to see that they just squeeze out the last bit of money they can get before discontinuing Maschine. I made this huge thread back then https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/why-does-maschine-not-develop.232367/ and still nothing changed. Yet we still get crucial game changers in term of expansions every quarter. We don't need no new functions in 2.5, we need more samples of disabled indian tribe choirs recorded in a deep mining with 80's gear and unique retro compressors. Let's call it HINDU VIBE, future of sound.

14. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

so what did u say to get banned? also have you sold ur maschine or u just talking about selling?

15. alecman

alecman NI Product Owner

Idk yet, they usually don't tell you unless you ask which makes the ban quite useless as people have no idea what to improve.

Nah bro, I got my Maschine mounted to the wall, having a light show that I wrote running which looks quite nice haha

I want to keep Massive and I think Monark and Retro Machines can give you some nice inspiration, also I use Maschine 2's drum synth once per month but that's all. Buying this software without Maschine would be more expensive than just keeping it the way it is. Anyway, my Maschine is only visible on my desk when I take pictures of my setup :D

And I also wouldn't get too much money out of it anyway. The pads are incredibly had to hit which everyone said is normal so I thought I am just too much of a pussy to deal with a MIDI. However, playing on Maschines in stores I realized that mine really is extraordinarily hard to push (or let's say to let the velocity come through, especially in MIDI mode, no matter what curve) and some pads then even send velocities above 127 (which is impossible by MIDI specifications but my Maschine somehow manages to do it anyway). I realized all that after the warranty was gone, which is a pity but not that bad as I am not using this thing anyway.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  16. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

hahaha wall mounted maschine thats great;

Ive heard some other users use maschine studio it as a coffee holder with that job wheel being very useful to rotate the cup handle.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. skinswashdc

Don't you feel like your wasting money? Put it on ebay if your not using it. When you buy equipment and then sell it your not going to get what you paid for it. That's just part of the game for investing in equipment, and the sacrifices made to do music.

18. Spazoo

Spazoo NI Product Owner

welcome back. i doubt much has changed except maybe skins using a different account.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. CakeAlexS

In the case of Maschine. when you buy equipment you're (not 'your') not going to get what you paid for it. Or get your (not you're) time back using it.

Also I bought Maschine as crossgrade with Komplete Ultimate. I want to keep that, how are you expecting me the sell Maschine without selling KU.

"That's just part of the game for investing in equipment, and the sacrifices made to do music."

I entirely disagree. You are basically saying forget about it. Nope. If companies ignore support enquiries and customers I am ON it.

• Like Like x 2
  20. alecman

alecman NI Product Owner

Skins do I have to upload the screenshots where I recommend you to read my posts before posting again?

1. Read the post
    2. If you didn't catch the meaning, read it again
    3. if it's too hard for you to remember, try splitting it up into smaller units
    4. if you think you got it, please read it once more because you never understand a word of what anyone here says
    Just for the nostalgia, it's not the first name you stopped reading after 10 words:

[​IMG]
    Can't remember the other threads unfortunately but it was like 4 times at least. Can't wait for the next time you embarrass yourself here.