Solved 2.8.3 / 2.8.4 - AU Plugins not working correctly.

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by colonyrecords, Jun 23, 2019.

1. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Fixed in Maschine v 2.8.4.
    Bug tag removed, marked as solved.

2. colonyrecords

colonyrecords NI Product Owner

I’ve updated to 2.8.4 and it has fixed the AU sync issue but now many FX plugins aren’t loading when opening old projects. The AU plugins are all still in the correct MAC path but a pop up window says it cannot find them. This just as bad as the sync issue. It happens with NI FX plugins and 3rd party ones also such as fab filter pro q2.

3. colonyrecords

My plugin guitars have lost their tone because NI guitar rig FX AU wont load. I can load new instances of the same guitar rig FX but the old projects don’t load them.

4. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

Try running guitar rig outside of logic (stand-alone) before using it as a plugin

5. goridread

goridread NI Product Owner

Definitely not fixed - same issue here. The main problem here was with all the old projects that I couldn't use - not the new ones where I could use a VST version of the same plugins.

upload_2019-7-21_21-12-19.png

6. colonyrecords

Same issue.. i just hope my old projects can sound the same. FX slots sculpt the sounds and are as important.

7. Toby @ NI

Toby @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey goridread & colonyrecords,

Sorry to hear this still is working as expected for you guys. Can you try rescanning your plugins to see if that solves the issue?

Thanks,

Toby

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  8. colonyrecords

I’ve tried rescanning a couple of times. Even tried adding the AU path manually but nothing works.

9. goridread

First thing I tried, didn't work.

10. Toby @ NI

Hi all,

The team are currently looking into the issue again to see what we've missed. We will ship a fix for this as soon as we have identified and fixed the issue.

Sincere apologies about this and I'll keep you posted when I know more.

Toby

11. goridread

To clarify here:

AU plugins (including Melodyne) with internal sequencer now work, I can add them to projects and they work as expected. Just like they did before, and like VST plugins have the whole time. The plugins are there, there is no problem with accessing the plugin for NEW projects..

However - all previous projects that had these plugins still do not work. It's like it doesn't understand that the Melodyne that I used before and the one that I can add now is the same plugin?

So to me this update did not solve anything - since I could still load the VST versions of my AU plugins for new projects. It is my old projects that it's really really frustrating that I can't continue on until this bug is fixed.

Here's what it looks like when it fails to load Melodyne, and I've even added a working Melodyne right after to see if it would work:
    upload_2019-7-22_17-16-24.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Toby @ NI

Hi guys,

My advice would be don't try and use any of your old projects right now as the re is a chance that some data could be lost if you reload your AU plugins and save the project. The team are investigating this as our top priority and I'll update you when I know more.

Thanks,

Toby

13. goridread

Is it safe to use them in new projects?

14. Toby @ NI

Hi goridread,

I'm not 100% certain if using AUs in new projects is safe right now and I would recommend using VSTs until we release an update for this bug, which will be very soon I assure you,

Thanks,

Toby

15. goridread

This one really shouldn't be marked as solved and maybe also be sticky? If the current recommendation is to stay away from AUs in new projects because those projects might not work in the future and not work on older projects with AU's it's a pretty major bug.

16. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I added the Bug tag back. Making it a sticky would be kind of unprecedented.

17. Frank P.

Frank P. NI Product Owner

I have the same Problem with AU plug ins saved in older Maschine Projects (2.8.2 or bevor).
    This happens also with AU plug ins without internal sequencer. I think with all AU plug ins.
    Its frustrating. All Sessions I created are not usable at the moment. I hope they solve this soon.

all plug ins can be loaded !!!
    But not opening in older maschine saved projects

Attached Files:

18. krizzbee

krizzbee New Member

come on, major but >> update >> new bug?? wtf
    i don`t understand why its only a couple of people wondering here. its a HUGE big in my opinion, and thousands of projects must be affected...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  19. colonyrecords

Im honestly so pissed with NI I've just started using logic only with serato sample. Cant do anything about it so f it and move on...

20. Frank P.

Frank P. NI Product Owner

life would be boring if your project sounds the same every time you open it.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1