2.8.3 And the future of Maschine???

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by D-One, Jun 20, 2019.

1. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Right before the MK3 was released someone had snooped around in the Maschine files and noticed some Lua scripts for it which pretty much revealed it prior to the announcement (couldn't find the exact post to quote it). Me being a professional snooper I always check at every update if there's anything in the visible code that might reveal some secrets, and there is:

Inside the Maschine App/VST there is a script folder for all controllers, the names are obvious except for 2 "KH1062" and "MaschineMH1071"
    [​IMG]

KH1062 is the script folder for the KK A Series and M32, it's been there for a while but the "MaschineMH1071" is brand new, it doesn't take a genius to assume that KH stands for Komplete Hardware and MH for Machine Hardware. So the big question is: "What the hell is it"...
    Let's snoop around some more...
    [​IMG]

"Settings Tabs" is pretty self-explanatory so nothing exciting there for now, "Power Page" is a bit intriguing though, opening MaschineControllerMH1071.lua I see it shares a bunch of scripts with the Maschine Studio and MK3. (The Mk3 already borrows the Studio code so that's pretty normal). So far I am thinking this is here because they are internally testing some type of new software prototype version for the MK3...

[​IMG]

Let's snoop the other files.
    Whatever it is it obviously can be turned off or rebooted from the controller's buttons, (not the one on the back) and has a warning message, kind of like a computer does before we shut it down... Interesting...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More snooping, this is where it gets kind of crazy so brace yourself.... (I can't wait to hear all the wild theories)
    It can update thru the software and reboot itself and has a recovery mode (humm... again just like a computer...)
    [​IMG]

It clearly has not only WiFi from the controller but also "Airplane Mode" :eek:
    [​IMG]

USB Mode and SD Card ejection...
    [​IMG]

Because I am a genius (lol) I figured out that when you plug in a Maschine Controller to your computer the software checks what controller version it is and what scripts to load based on a list, so I edited it and forced it to load these new scripts into my MK3, the result doesn't need much talk on my side or point anything out, take your own conclusions:
    [​IMG]

What stands out more to me should be obvious, there's some new stuff like a cuter more organized settings page and some other new things that I rather not reveal, they aren't major anyway.

[​IMG]

I am no developer to properly analyze all this info, just a crafty curious guy.
    So... What's YOUR wild theory about all this? Can't wait to hear it.

If I get banned for this, it was a pleasure guys lol :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

Standalone flagship incoming..

• Like Like x 1
  3. D-One

That was my first thought, but why would a script made for a standalone work on my current gen MK3? When i load it, almost everything works perfectly.. So if it is it will be pretty much a standalone version MK3 as we know it now, you think they would just slap a computer on the bottom of the MK3 and call it a day? IDK... Also, note the menu says standalone already when its connect to the computer... and the opposing mode is "Controller".

4. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

D ONE once they slap your hand im going to go postal here.. been holding back lol.. October is bug month for NI.. 3.0 and studio .. just what I'm predicting.. i don't really care tho i wouldn't pay a dime for another controller

5. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

Dedicated Maschine "Tablet" perhaps...having an "airplane mode" option hints at portability...

• Like Like x 1
  6. D-One

Maybe, iPad connection? IDK.. The SD card text clearly says "Eject from Computer" not from "Maschine", so its kind of confusing to interpret this, it could be just an early prototype for something to be released years from now... who knows..

LOL! I warned them about this, they could have removed it, i found it first but if i didn't someone else would like they did with the MK3... so there's not much reason to slap my hand, they should slap themselves. I dont know what Postal is.. but behave! :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

Why do they implant this code/script in an update although they should know here are some or one ;) genius software-stalker who easily leaks this part? :rolleyes:

Smells either like an standalone-extender (whatever this could be) or an mk3 standalone device.

tempsperdu I preached you my good feelings about maschine development. You told me about unicorns. Now, the time has come for revolution!!1!1!!:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

FCED45FA-7BB5-4E53-A938-C5161C20B382.jpeg

stand·a·lone (stănd′ə-lōn′)
    adj.
    Self-contained and usually independently operating: a standalone computer terminal.

stand•a•lone (ˈstænd əˌloʊn)
    adj.
    (of an electronic device) able to function without connection to a larger system.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. D-One

You sure love your dictionary bro, dont forget about standalone software though. :D
    What if the software connects to a standalone thru WIFI? lol Im joking but hey... you never know...

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. v00d00ppl

v00d00ppl NI Product Owner

Let sleeping dogs lie and make beats until the full announcement. I hope they don’t make a studio because I spaced out my desk with the MK iii and my external sound processors and I hate reorganizing.

11. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

I'm kinda confused by the sd card angle because whilst you could easily load projects from one you couldn't do anything much in terms of libraries. A proper stand alone would have to have at least a TB storage to be worthwhile for most users and for transferring between units of any sort then there is potentially wifi or usb sticks. Someone enlighten me please....,,..

• Like Like x 1
  12. D-One

Same. Also, why would code for an SD card be on the Computer Maschine Software version? Or any other code for that matter, on a standalone all the code is on the standalone itself, they generally have their own OS... The scripts are specifically for controller interaction with the main software which is compiled.

13. tempsperdu

I suppose it could kinda make sense if it was for an ipad version..hey maybe we gonna get an Android version...I'd buy that for a dollar!!! LOL

14. AL’DREAD

https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-x

Sd card - check
    WiFi-check
    Hard drive mode -check
    Standalone-check
    Controller- check

15. tempsperdu

• RAM 2 GB
    • Storage 16 GB (user storage, 10 GB pre-installed content), 4 GB (MPC operating system)

mmmnnnn tempting........................

...............or not................................

16. D-One

Prototyping has nothing special, a bunch of constants, lists of leds, buttons, references for things, etc...
    I mess around with Maschine more often since I use it more, mostly to try to find fixes for some problems, sometimes I do find fixes for some tiny things and dont post them because generally, no one cares about my DIY hacky threads.

What do you mean tried the same? I noticed this new thing just because there's was a new folder there, there's no new folder for KK.

17. AL’DREAD

So there’s no script that you can force to load on the kkmk2

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2019
  18. D-One

Oh, no... All the available scripts are in that screenshot with the folders.
    I mean I can force it to load a lower grade KK-S mk1 script but there's not much point doing that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jbuonacc

jbuonacc NI Product Owner

something about all of this seems very familiar for some reason...

[​IMG]

20. tempsperdu

I suppose the comforting thing about these 'mysteries'. is that they give no indication at all of Maschine heading in the direction most users want so at least there's a truly intact sense of consistency :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1