2.8.3 And the future of Maschine???

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by D-One, Jun 20, 2019.

1. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Keep Calm and...
    Stand
    Alone
    [​IMG]
    in a dark room and cry.

• Funny Funny x 5
  2. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

The mpc x is the flag ship for all groove boxes.. my opinion.. that is why i have been so quiet here which most love.. interesting that maschine is joining the party..

3. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

D-One.... I love what you do bro but I don't think I would feel comfortable having you in my house.... just saying...:cool:

Don't really see the point of a standalone with all its inevitable limitations, except as a response to what Akai has been doing. But it won't make much difference unless they improve the software. There are so many low hanging fruits software-wise that could really benefit the overall experience and workflow. All things that a standalone with the current version of the software is not going to solve for users.

In general, this seems like another typical NI move, coming around this forum with the rep of the moment, throw in a bunch of announcements about "upcoming" changes to bait people, then drop a new piece of hardware, and disappear altogether once enough units have been sold.... same old script. It happened at the release of Jam, then at the release of the MK3. The French say "jamais deux sans trois", so we have all been warned.

• Like Like x 5
  4. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

Sorry, misread your first post about the kk folder being for the a series etc.

I see in this pic , that there is no plugin tab like in the machine software menu , just library which would be for samples.
    7B6D668A-2AB3-4699-BDBE-7E2922DDF571.png

5. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

Did anybody consider that NI are just Godsmack fans? Here are the lyrics from their song Standalone:

"And now its my time (now its my time)
    It's my time to dream (my time to dream)
    Dream of the sky (dream of the sky)
    Make me believe that this place is inplagued
    By the poison in me
    Help me decide if my fire will burn out
    Before you can breathe
    Breathe into me
    I stand alone"

Feels like a conspiracy :D

6. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

My bottom has been speaking to me again and it says that there is no way NI would release another controller without a major software update,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. D-One

The Library tab is just for re-scanning from the HW. That whole menu has things from the normal settings menu, they all work on my MK3, there's just a couple of additions, for this reason, and others I already mentioned I am not convinced about any standalone theories. I am leaning towards the MK3's ability to control something external... and that "something" would turn it from "Standalone" to "Controller" (that's the second state of the 'Standalone' button) and that controller-device has an sd card, and wifi.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Old Mike

That could make sense. Curios and funny to discuss.

9. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

..."big"?...nice typo though...:D

• Like Like x 1
  10. scheffkoch

...maybe it's a follow up to kore...with the ability to be controlled standalone or from maschine...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Congratulations, D-One. You made it to CDM.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Tomess

Tomess NI Product Owner

So...more delay on song layer because of shifted priorities? o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey all,

We're always exploring new ideas, and this is an artefact of that process. Our focus is firmly on responding to user feedback by improving the MASCHINE software and addressing some of the long-standing feature requests. We're looking forward to sharing more about this in due course.

Best,

Kai

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
  14. muitosabao

muitosabao NI Product Owner

Ahaha great detective work, D!
    slowclap!

Yeah, some NI guy told me openly on superbooth about this, plus that Instagram invitation to Berlin shortly after. I don't think they're making much of a secret about this, or maybe too excited and careless.

Still, i'm definitely not excited. Another hardware and the software development embarrassingly slow.

• Like Like x 2
  15. D-One

LOL!
    Hhaha... If music fails me i guess i can try a new career. Openly? Humm that's kind of odd.
    Yeah, the Instagram invite to test the "future of Maschine" or whatever it said already revealed something was up. I am not excited either although I am very curious but also not angry as I thought I would be.

Dang... Wasn't expecting that tbh, not sure how i feel about that. This sort of discoveries never gotten that sort of attention before, now I am feeling kind of bad in case I am responsible for putting someone at NI in an awkward situation, I sincerely hope I didn't... from my little knowledge of development devs use branches(?) to make sure things related to upcoming stuff arent inside stable releases.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  16. Old Mike

Sounds very good to me and thanks for chiming in!

17. Old Mike

What this could be :p:p:p

• Like Like x 1
  18. scheffkoch

...cdm removed the article...

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Old Mike

???

20. Mr36