2.8.3 And the future of Maschine???

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by D-One, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

2. ScottK

ScottK NI Product Owner

I don't think it will be a standalone maschine,
    If the standalone is the same as other devices on the market then vst hosting would not feature in a standalone version and with the midi bug and no song player mode - I can't see how it would work - unless it's just a loop player for sounds.com

• Like Like x 1
  3. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Its definitely stand alone hence the audio card.. all other controllers will link to studio.. makes sense you can record into maschine to a harddrive and use komplete kontrol software via a laptop link to maschine studio.. makes sense.. all controllers link to the main hub (studio)

4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Good. The lust for clicks might be blinding who wrote both articles, FM should remove theirs too, I blew the whistle but I am no journalist.

Kai pretty much already said, in other words, that this is related or leftover code from some form of test / prototype, and whatever it could possibly be in the future it's not related to the immediate plans or focus... I would assume a big HW/SW company constantly tests new crazy stuff all the time but that doesn't mean it's about to get released, we also shouldn't get blinded the standalone word. So all this might mean absolutely nothing other than there's gonna be a prettier settings menu soon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

Then I'll just look into my glass globe.
    I see that an independent / standalone machine is being worked on.
    I don't know what name this will get. But I take a gamble, Maschine XI.
    Will be equipped with an ARM processor and runs on Linux.
    Save this message!

René

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. The BEAT PiRATE

The BEAT PiRATE NI Product Owner

First seen it on Music Radar article. You made it my NI Guy. I was like D-One...Oh lord, the Internet has found my proclaimed Machine Guru. Message your contact, just in case they Flag you. ⛪

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

I’m gonna go with maschine + (plus)

8. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

I hope it's standalone since that's what I now prefer........despite my frustrations with Akai. I would like to rejoin the NI team but you guys & gals are also still waiting on some NI promises.

9. Drachenkatze

Drachenkatze NI Product Owner

That's a very cool find indeed!

Here are my thoughts about some possibilities (from most pessimistic to most optimistic, and every possibility could mix with each other).

- It's a research prototype which accidentally made it into the release. Companies often do this without ever releasing a final product and sometimes a bit of research code slips into releases. Reasons for not making a product out of the research could be that mass manufacturing is way too expensive, or project management simply doesn't like it

- The WiFi mode could make it into the next HW version, even if it isn't standalone. ESP8266/ESP32 based WiFi modules are as cheap as a single energy drink (which the NI hardware team needs probably lots of ;))

- A standalone version would be very damn cool, and given the ever falling prices of ARM-based SoCs would make it definitely realistic. However, I don't think a standalone variant with VST support would be realistic, as NI would require Intel or AMD x64 CPUs for that, which drives up manufacturing costs quite much. However, I'm open to surprises ;)

Speaking of surprises, NI has surprised us in the past with excellent hardware devices like the MK3, the S8 etc so everything is possible!

• Like Like x 2
  10. certifiedbeatz

Frustrations with Akai are you joking in 3 years you got mpc 2.0 and next month 2.6.. in the last 3 years NI went from 2.7 to 2.8.3.. really and fixed about 40 bugs they create with each update.. yes Akai is missing a few things
    . But when your laptop or desktop won't boot can u still sample use a few vst's.. and make beats also sample vst's.. oh man dont bash akai lol

11. D-One

Made it? NI guy? I'm confused but i liked that guru part. :D My profile is filled with links to socials where anyone can reach me at.

12. Nii-Teiko

Nii-Teiko NI Product Owner

wow...

NativeOS...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Old Mike

Already saw this. Whatever this may be...

14. Old Mike

Breaking News:

D-One, NI-Whistleblower and Founder of NI-Leaks got arrested this morning by the CIA and was brought to Guantanamo.

A well-placed source has told the Guardian that D-One went to see Assange about the new Maschine Release. He got busted and immediately sentenced to write "I will not buy any AKAI products anymore" for a thousand times.

Prosecutors had called on the Supreme Court to upgrade the sentence, and the court agreed that the victim had indeed faced intimidation by the support staff.

:D:D:p:p:D:p

• Funny Funny x 6
  15. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Worse still ...Pamela Anderson visited him :eek::eek::eek::eek:o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. goridread

goridread NI Product Owner

Most interesting rumors come from forums nowadays. And I think it's a bit weird for CDM to just remove the article, without any explanation.

17. Frankknuck

Frankknuck NI Product Owner

Whatever it is, you still have to connect it to a computer at some point as a partof running it, which is a little disappointing, I guess. This is very interesting but also confusing as hell!

18. D-One

Is there usually an explanation when that happens?
    I dont remember that ever happening here, probably because last time scripts revealed new hardware no one posted this much detail.

19. j.silva

j.silva NI Product Owner

TRUMP.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. certifiedbeatz

Just let 3rd party control and I'm fine with the rest i would pay another dime for a controller from NI