2.8.3 And the future of Maschine???

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by D-One, Jun 20, 2019.

1. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

I dont know what you guys are talking niche market.. if your away feom your mac or pc and want to make music then its a must have because if you have OS problems then your sh*t outta luck..

2. Masch1ne

Masch1ne NI Product Owner

Software controllers have been so successful due to their price.

Every man and his dog has a maschine.

When it comes to an MPC X I dont even know anyone who has one.

They aren't in reach of the average joe. They are too expensive. Especially when you consider how limited they are compared to a software hardware hybrid.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

If you have OS problems then you would be better off taking a fraction of that money and paying a professional to configure your machine with a little common sense. Don't pretend that a standalone Maschine isn't going to have 'OS bugs' either, it's got to run on something. This isn't analogue we are talking about here, it would be a computer too.

4. certifiedbeatz

You know one now i bought when it was released.. i have owned 4 series of MPC's alot of beat makers like software to draw beats and not create which is fine maschine from a software side just cant master a good product.. to many bugs.. there expansions i like but i could never see paying a dime for a new controller with the same software issues..

5. Masch1ne

Just because you have the means to buy one doesn't mean everyone can afford one.

Most beatmakers are home hobbyists and aren't even making money from their craft.

When you're on an average wage and have 2-3 kids to take care of whats a more attractive option an mk3 or an mpc x.

I know what I picked.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. HammyHavoc

MPCs have plenty of bugs, especially the new MPC X. Here's a thread looking at 2.4: https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=187888&start=30#p1760517

The previous gens had plenty of bugs and patches to fix them. I'm a twenty year vet of MPCs. Everything has bugs, without exception. Software by the very nature of it is going to have bugs, that increases with number of features. MPCs run software, ergo MPCs are not free of bugs.

7. certifiedbeatz

I owned studio and komplete kontrol 61plenty of rants over the years.. i don't buy you logic.. when jam was released have the users bought when the new mk3 and kk series came out again alot of people here bought it.. so add that up u have a live or X

• Like Like x 1
  8. certifiedbeatz

There on 2.5 about to be on 2.6 and address there issues just about every 3 months. Of course there be some issues but they have been listening to there users..

• Like Like x 1
  9. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Nobody needs an MPC nowadays with all that's out or available. Maybe to those enjoy doing the boom bap or sampled based beats who came up on MPC's. If your using an X or live to just chop a sample and add drums then just do that with serato sample and a midi controller or Maschine lol. At the same time I understand users like the feel of a hardware drum machine. I'd say take the money (to buy an MPC X) for room treatment or a new computer or Maschine or Atom with Studio One and be done. That's what I would do with it.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  10. certifiedbeatz

Just my preference i gave maschine a try and still own a license for komplete.. i like there expansions.. just to many problems with thr softwares

11. Masch1ne

Well you know, if you don't get it you never will.

An mk3/studio and a KK 61 MK2 are both a third of the price of an MPC X so technically you'd have to buy 3 of them, not 2 as you pointed out.

I also own both an MK3 and a KK 61 MK2 but I have bought them separately over a period of 2 years. So I have only paid 2/3 of the outlay of an MPC X over a 2 year period. I got a hell of a lot more features, functionality and general bang for my buck than an mpc x and I still have a third of my money.

Im also upset with NI and their software issues but in reality if you look at what we "have" compared to what we "want" Maschine software and Komplete Kontrol software are pretty damn awesome.

As pointed out AKAI has their own software issues too and have for years.

It comes down to affordability and bang for your buck, thats the reality.

If you know you know (pusha voice)!

• Like Like x 2
  12. certifiedbeatz

Hmm well the 1/3 your missing turn you computer off and ill turn mines off.. i can still create and move on with built in vst's.. no downtime and no worried about a computer .. you bought the same controller twice just with the buttons moved the left and a slick plastice case when u could have paid the full price for true standalone functionality and studio ready..

• Like Like x 1
  13. Masch1ne

I'm just explaining why its a niche market.

I understand that being standalone is very attractive to some people and they may be willing to pay the price for it.

Me personally I work on music at home only so I don't really need a standalone piece of hardware.

When it comes to the computer argument, what beatmaker wouldn't have a computer and a DAW already but own an mpc x?

I reckon there would be none.

• Like Like x 1
  14. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

So how are making a complete record in standalone? Breakdowns, complex automation etc....

15. HammyHavoc

MPC or Maschine, it doesn't matter. Use what works for you. In a decade from now, the only thing that's going to matter is what you made and if you enjoyed the process of making it.

Being able to turn off your desktop computer and still make music doesn't really mean anything considering the MPC or whatever you're using is still a computer and still needs to boot, receive updates etc. If you aren't enjoying your computer in 2019 then you're probably long overdue for an upgrade in either specs, software or ergonomics.

• Like Like x 2
  16. certifiedbeatz

no but I can turn one device on and not need a PC

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. certifiedbeatz

agree to disagree I own both Cubase and a MPC also other keyboards and controllers

18. HammyHavoc

You could easily use a power strip and turn everything off and on with one switch. Couple dollars lmao.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

I can turn on a PC and not need a stand alone nyer nyer nyer nyer nyeeer nyer :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Masch1ne

Yeah, thanks for proving my point.

I think you misread my quote by the way. Better read back.

• Like Like x 1