2.8.3 And the future of Maschine???

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by D-One, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

Standalone units are not limited compared to a hybrid solution.. they are exactly that... and more... at a minimum you can call it insurance for when there is no more driver support ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Maschine has been out for a decade, even the MK1 still has driver support, I don't think drivers are going to be an issue. What is an issue with any kind of hardware however is sourcing replacement components. I've changed out countless knobs and pads on MPCs over the years, even on Maschine units that were outside of the warranty period.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

I fail to see how anyone can get partisan on the standalone issue. There are virtues and drawbacks to any solution. If something fits your needs great but why not realise that that isn't neccessarily the case for others.Let's all concentrate on willing NI to make Maschine the programme it could be rather than the excuse it kinda is.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Kaydigi

Kaydigi NI Product Owner

Would definitely be interested if it contains:

1. at minimum the maschine desktop browser (the Akai mpc Live/X is probably the worst one I used, and I use it everyday).
    2. Full expansions from the desktop
    3. Massive built in
    4. Audio tracks
    5. Real time, time stretching
    6. A big screen

5. Masch1ne

Masch1ne NI Product Owner

Yeah cause akai has a great rep when it comes to software support. Lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

I did misread .... no worries

7. certifiedbeatz

Well maybe, maybe not you can say they have been pretty active with continuous updates and getting a lot closer in a smallerwindow than NI..

8. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

It's funny that you say that here, while over at the MPC forums you are complaining about open bugs...

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  9. certifiedbeatz

Complaining and wanting are 2 different things.. not sure exactly what your talking about.. if its the MPC software I'm only looking for 2 3 things and that have been stated in a professional manner.. as where i can call akai on the phone and they either answer or call back after there lunch.. now if your talking about the VIP software than that a different beast... so please spend less time trolling and do the board a favor and be a value to the users like D One...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

You are the one opening a thread like this, and then talk about trolling?

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/just-to-make-them-mad-bug-thread.358099/

For some reason you dont reply in there, even though you are tagged. So just so you cant make up the excuse "I didnt see it": you have your last warning, next time you are out for good.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  11. smoovbeats

smoovbeats NI Product Owner

Are some of you serious. LMAO!!! We got one guy saying MPCs are only used by people to make boom bap/rap. I can say the same about maschine because I mostly see people making boom nap/rap/trap with it. Can't be serious!!!
    I understand this is an NI forum but what's with the Akai MPC bashing??? if you go on the MPC forum you barely see anyone bashing NI or maschine. Actually you barely see any NI talk.
    We got other saying "well akai got bugs too" really!!!!! All I can see is akai addressing issues. I've been on here for a while now and I see people still complaining about the same bug for years now. Show me a bug free piece of software. I'll wait.
    Just stop this nonsense it's derailing the thread.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

Totally agree..

We have been around and around "the future of Maschine" so many times in the last 10 years, and at the end of the day, Maschine is still severely limited by its software.. The hardware is useable, the sampling & slicing is solid and the library is excellent...

The centerpiece of such a system is however its sequencing and midi capabilities and sadly in Maschine they are largely still embarrassing.. the developers at N should spend time with older gear.. such as MC909 (programmable chords, event lists, programmable arps, recording mutes & solos) and the MPC2500/5000 (Meter changes, sysex, working multiple midi outs, audio tracks)..then reflect on how, in over a decade of development Maschine cannot even match these relatively basic requirements.

I am not saying that either or these, or other contemporary machines like the RS7000 (polymetric) are sonically better than Maschine, but does NI really have to put handcuffs on its software?... i mean, a 16 pad machine REALLY needs compositional help..with programmable chords, programmable arps...and a sustain pedal option for the useless pedal input would not hurt.

I simply do not think that NI has any idea (still) what they want Maschine to be when it grows up...

• Like Like x 8
  13. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

It's quite a while now I wonder if I should not roll back to 2.6.8 - last good release I have in mind. Still like the software but kind of feel it has been break and fix since then and addition of unwanted features. Still waiting to be able to have a simple pattern start settings and independent controller. (more than a song mode :rolleyes:) and be able to perform different group from different devices. In anyway as someone said on this forum, I personally don't find anything that helps the workflow in the way Maschine does despite the few frustrating things here and there. Let's just hope for the best

• Like Like x 1
  14. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

...i'm still on 2.7.10 and won't upgrade till i have to...and if so i reckon i'll leave the ni world...2.7.10 is stable on my system (mac os 10.14.5) though...

• Like Like x 1
  15. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

To turn off one device and not need an pc would be a waste of money for what I would be looking for (with all that's out today). I guess I prefer to use one piece of software either Maschine or my DAW and have access to my favorite VST's like Omnisphere or Kontakt without being limited to built in instruments. I'd rather not be limited in standalone, and then go back to the computer to finish my track. Workflow killer for what I like to do.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

I disagree, i would 100% love a stand-alone maschine.

17. skinswashdc

You have great set-up with the MPC X, and you are starting little stuff from a a company whose products you told us for a whole year or less that you won't be buying from or " moved on from". So why the need to keep coming back announcing this?

Mick has been a big value to this forum, and he does not troll. He has a job to do beside being on the forum all day. I've had issues before and I could reach out to him and get an answer quickly.

Really at the end of the day NI make good enough products in general people will still be buying whether it's komplete or something else. Haven't been on here as much because I have found/use other software/hardware that compliment my NI set-up.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. skinswashdc

I am coming from how Akai have it set-up. Maschine standalone running expansions, komplete I'm all for it. I just as a customer (me and nobody else) have more confidence in NI products over akai.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

I believe they have some very talented developers on board, so I think it's going to be bright. I think they know they already do a tremendous job in the industry, and that they will eventually address those areas where they are lacking.
    I think I can kind of see their vision. It's like you can build a car, but what good is it without the roads and destinations that go with it? Now that most of those projects are knocked out, they can get back to working on the vehicle to get us there.
    As they say there's no use of "putting the cart before the horse." Right?

• Like Like x 1
  20. certifiedbeatz

VIP software is a totally different software its like me complaining about Komplete software. You make little to no sense.. i appreciate you taking time out to ready my posts..