1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

2.8.6 is avaiable (see at NI Access)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Supercreative, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-19 um 20.22.46.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

You typo'd the version number in the title, but can still change it. :- )

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Supercreative

:D You´ve passed the test. Changed!

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

Let the "Update Release Bashing" begin...:D

Peace,

Blindeddie!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Et_Voila

Et_Voila NI Product Owner

Well I'm a bit worried: Where's René at?
    Visual feed back for modulated param for studio, I can't wait to test/see that...

• Like Like x 1
  6. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Beta Testing................................. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Et_Voila

Et_Voila NI Product Owner

Good, thank you, I'm relived. Or : Are you joking ?

8. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Its cool to have that dot beside modulated parameters. Remove automation ? Hold erase and press touch sensitive modulated encoder....finally. quite cool. . No macro assign yet for the studio, I tried ;)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Supercreative

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Andels

Andels NI Product Owner

Today at 2am, I was curious enough to try the new color selection feature, but couldn't find a way how to change a color at sounds in MK3. Did anyone?

11. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

here I start :)
    - as i don't really care about color-coding more than what the default behaviour is, i'd have hoped they bring the "record patterns without predefining length" before this cosmetic things
    - but that's all I have to say negatively about this update...i am still in love with my maschine and I think i am going to mary her as soon as i can record my "performance-moves" (in version 3.6?)

;-)

12. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey mate.
    We are still working on that feature and will put an updated, refined version into beta for testing and feedback soon. Just a little more patience, it'll come! ;)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  13. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Rumours that the resulting offspring may look like outakes from The Fly are hopefully greatly exaggerated...............................

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Leif Hallberg

Leif Hallberg NI Product Owner

I can't update from 2.8.5 to 2.8.6. Says "Install failed: Applications is already running" But Im not! Whats up with this? :)

Now it says that Maschine 2 is "Demo" and I cant reinstall it... hmmmm

NEVERMIND: I had CE running LOL

• Like Like x 1
  15. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

thank you kai. i hoped to get invited to the beta-community last friday to have "a look at that feature"...but i didn't get invited yet *cought...cought*...maybe this weekend will be a beta-testing-weekend? *trying to look like a cute little puppy with big eyes to melt your heart*

• Like Like x 1
  16. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

...set sound colour with controller?...top!...but not for the mk2????????????????...

17. Howl

Howl NI Product Owner

it seems the most attention is focused on the mk3, which is not that strange... but it is of course not a good feeling when your mk2 gets outdated, but it seems to me still very usuable.
    the mk3 is quite different from the mk2.

i didn't checked it yet, how it works on the mk3, i am on my laptop now (that is a studio in itself... but to carry all my controllers... i have a also a maschine mk1, which has it's use, but the driver causes drop outs, of 300ms, on my new laptop, windows 10 1903. so i have to part from it.)

the future-proof of a controller is always a risk. even if i own the maschine mk3 and the push 2.

EDIT: that is the problem with software/hardware controllers. but my old MCU still works as if it is new, integration with cubase 10 pro is deep. so it depends.
    but clearly not what you desire, i get the disappointment.

EDIT 2: for me as mk3 owner, it is progress....

18. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Sent you a DM. You should be good to go now.

Yes, we are focussing our development assets on the products that are still available in retail as of today. I understand that this is disappointing for owners of older units. But we still support older units in terms of keeping up their original feature sets and compatibility wherever possible. However we need to focus our efforts and in cases like this, we are not providing new features for the entire product range.

It doesn't mean that the products are dead and I kindly ask your understanding that we stop delivering new functionality to products that are not being sold anymore. They still work and do what they did when you purchased them, but developing new features, we need to start leaving older products behind at some point. It is the natural lifecycle of a product that is consequently being developed and worked on.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Depka

Depka New Member

Looks good ! Finally some updates, keep it coming guys. I'm really looking forward for the arranger updates. That is biggest weakness of maschine for me coming from ableton. I would be extremely happy if i could do music only in maschine and not switching to ableton here and there. Thanks for the updates and as i said, keep it coming guys.

• Like Like x 1
  20. kaotik78

kaotik78 NI Product Owner

For the Mk2 when I first purchased mine it never had the ability to change pad colors on hardware which I found strange, it was only through the software, however when v2.0 of Maschine came out the mixer view was added for the Mk2 along with the Studio, don't know about the Mk1.

For the color switching on hardware, I don't see why that would not be able to be implemented for users of the Mk2 version. There is room in the pad/sound area for Color and a range of options to change.

It's understandable that going forward some features due to controller hardware limitations may not be feasible, ie: touch strips or perform/fx buttons as an example on the Mk3 are not on the Mk2/Mk1 but for something like the color change, that should have been implemented for Mk2 users.

Despite the above, it's nice to finally be able to modify colors of pads/groups/sounds on the Mk3 which change the colors on the JAM patterns/pads which I wasn't sure if that would carry over and it does. (so how does one exactly get on the beta testing team as I sent my application a week or so ago)

• Like Like x 1