1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

2+ Months Waiting... Shipping Issues?!

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Giancarlo Torres, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Giancarlo Torres

Giancarlo Torres New Member

I purchased the Kontrol S61 at the end of July from zzounds.com here in the US and have yet to receive my order. They keep telling me it is on backorder and that NI has yet to ship them their shipment from June, July and August. Is NI still shipping to vendors in the US? The top selling stores here in the US haven't had stock since forever and they all share the same story. "We have a pending order on the way". My question not only is why so long but also, how is it that a new device such as the Maschine+ gets shipped to vendors; however, none of the controllers have been? I'd like some insight as to why this experience has taken so long and by when should I have my S61 in my hands. Thanks!

2. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Well-Known Member

Maybe due to the global issues we have had all year it has thrown a lot of logistics and manufacturing out the window?

The issue can be a lot more wide spread than simply a few boats that cannot set sail. There are many aspects of manufacture and due to a lot of lockdowns and production being halted all over the globe for weeks/months it causes some other backlogs.

I've had a few things I have ordered lately that should have taken 3 weeks but ended up 2 months so that's just how things are at the moment unfortunately

3. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

Pretty much what Jester said - The issue here is manufacturing enough stock and getting it delivered across the world. Every hardware is a different story and location can play a big role as well. I would imagine being easier to get products to Europe than the US at the moment.

I'd probably suggest to check other retailers to see if they have stock available or wait for us to get more on our webshop (next month).

Quick search suggest that Guitar Center has stock but better double check with them directly: https://www.guitarcenter.com/Native-Instruments/KOMPLETE-KONTROL-S61-MK2.gc

4. BookemDanno

BookemDanno NI Product Owner

I bought my S88 on August 21, 2020. It arrived defective. it took more that two weeks of back and forth for NI to agree to cover the repair or replacement under warranty. As of today, I’ve not received a replacement.

Frankly, I don’t expect to receive a replacement until November or December. On Amazon, you can buy a new S88, but the delivery date is “Nov 5 - Dec 9”. So I sit here with no NI MIDI keyboard. I’m getting tired of waiting.

I’m seriously considering giving up on NI. It may not be as good as an S88, but the Arturia KeyLab 88 MkII looks like a decent alternative.

Regards,

Dan.

5. Giancarlo Torres

Guitar Center has only 1 in stock and they cannot find it. Funny stories of disbelief. The saddest part is that I've checked every major music retailer in the country (USA) and none of them have in stock. HOWEVER, I managed to find a store in California that had 3 in stock. At that point, I dropped everything I was doing and ordered it immediately. It will be arriving this Monday and my journey will come to an end (unless it comes defective). I cannot continue to delay the work I am doing. It has been nearly 3 months and the worst part is that NO VENDOR has any idea when they will have. It would be courteous and truly professional if NI would be able to at least inform these companies when they will be getting more in stock. I love NI but this experience truly left a NI DEVOUT FAN speechless. The delay was not as much the issue but the fact that EVERY VENDOR had the same response was what left a sour note with me. People should compensated for time wasted with experiences like this...

6. Matt @ NI

Hey Dan!
    Thank you for pointing this out to me. That should not be the case at all and I've escalated your case just now so he can be dealt with ASAP.
    Please don't hesitate to start a PM with me if you need any assistance with this request.
    Matt

7. Matt @ NI

I'm happy to hear you finally found a device,
    Every retailers is aware of our situation and knows we can't have more stock available to them. It's not like we're hiding this information.
    I understand this may be frustrating but we're trying our best to make it happen as quick as possible. We have hundreds of retailers worldwide expecting more units while every country is struggling with COVID and manufacturers were most likely not operating at full capacity for months. Hopefully we manage to do better by the end of the year.

8. Giancarlo Torres

I understand and tbh, understood from the start. It was the informative part with vendors that had me impatient. They all shared the same experience in that they've not received up 3 expected shipments from NI. Trust me when I say, I know COVID has affected productivity and manufacturing all over the globe. However, keeping vendors and customers informed should have been a priority; even if I were to have to wait another 6 months. Nonetheless, I am happy I will have my S61, GIVE ME A VOUCHER! GIVE ME SOMETHING! MY HEART NEEDS HEALING! LOL. Thx for replying!

9. BookemDanno

BookemDanno NI Product Owner

Giancarlo,

First, I want to offer my gratitude to Matt and Jeremy, and the other members of the NI support team for their continued support in resolving my issues.

Second, I understand what you're saying and completely agree. Waiting for my replacement S88 has been agony since I don't have any MIDI keyboard.

Like you, I understand that the Covid pandemic has affected everyone, including me. After nine years as a senior-level software engineer at T-Mobile, I was laid off six weeks ago - on Sept 2, 2020. I decided to retire and bought the S88 as a retirement present to myself. Waiting has been especially painful because writing music is (will be) a major part of my retirement.

My replacement S88 is supposed to arrive within the next few days. Good luck getting your S61.

Best regards,

Dan.

p.s. After considering the Arturia KeyLab 88 MkII, I found out that Arturia seems to have the same supply issue - back ordered everywhere.

Regarding Guitar Center, I have a similar story with them. The Redmond, WA store said they found an S88 in their system for me, but they said that it was in a Chicago-area store and they would try to get it. After a couple days, I called Guitar Center back and found out that they were not getting any response from the Chicago store. So I call the Chicago store and found out that 1) their S88 was a used one and 2) they could not find it!

The pandemic has deeply affected manufacturing systems, distribution pipelines, and communication pipelines. Our government's response has been fragmented and poor, and it looks like there will be more infection spikes and more lockdowns. Not looking good going forward. :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. Captain Blasto

Captain Blasto NI Product Owner

I managed to find an S88 MK2 through Guitar Center today (or at least I think I did, they haven’t charged my card just yet, lol). I work for a technology company synonymous with fruit and we have our own sales rep at GC we work with for employee discounts and things. She managed to source me one at a really reasonable price. Not a floor model, but the box was opened and it’s missing the power adapter, so she’s going to have to drop ship that to me separate from the keyboard itself.

This is how dire it is at the moment, lol. I was happy just to get my hands on one, especially at the price they offered.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CE3

CE3 NI Product Owner

I'd been on the hunt for an S61 and was able to get one delivered today from Sweetwater, but they're out of stock again. It seems the S49 & S88 are easier to find right now. Both models are currently in stock on Amazon US, Sweetwater, and Guitar Center. Guitar Center had the S61 in stock a day ago, and I've seen Sam Ash offering a couple on Amazon. Hopefully the stock issues will be resolved soon for those still waiting.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  12. Eli Penn

Eli Penn New Member

Hopefully this forum isn't too old, but I'm having the same problem. The shift button on my machine mikro mk2 go worn out so I used the native Instrument wizard thing to get in contact with someone. I paid for the service fee and sent it to the address they gave me, but I have not gotten a reply for at least 2 weeks. I already paid $100 for the "service" fee and sent them my Maschine. It's already been a month of waiting and I'm about to flip out. If anyone has had this experience or can help me, that would be great.

13. Matt @ NI

Hey Eli,

It seems someone from our team reached out to you about your situation. We're sincerely sorry for the wait and hopefully this can be taken care of immediately.