2017 NAMM Show: Korg introduced Gadget for Mac NKS! Any good sounds?

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by luneytunes, Jan 27, 2017.

1. luneytunes

luneytunes NI Product Owner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At the 2017 NAMM Show, Korg introduced Gadget for Mac – the OS X version of their all-in-one music production studio.

In addition to bringing the popular iOS app to the Mac, Korg has expanded its capabilities, by letting you use Gadget in standalone mode with the integrated sequencer, or as VST/AU/AAX/NKS plugins with your favorite DAW.

Features:

• The Gadget For Mac collection includes all of the more than 30 gadgets.
    • Intuitive and simple operation so power users can get back to the basics, and beginners can jump right into great music making.
    • Takes advantage of the large screen with a single-window four-split (divided in four) screen design.
    • Comes with “Gadget Plug-in Collection,” a collection of plug-ins that support AU, VST, AAX, and NKS.
    • Two new gadgets provide long-awaited audio recording.
    • New powerful drum gadget with 16 pads.
    • Supports latest technologies, including Allihoopa, Ableton Link, and Bluetooth MIDI.
    • Seamless connection between KORG Gadget for iOS and KORG Gadget for Mac enables a smooth workflow so you can produce music anytime and anywhere.
    Details on pricing and availability are still to be announced.

Anybody got info on the sounds? Why should I get this for Maschine when there's so many other great NKS's?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Son. Grab that when it comes out. I have all the gadgets on my iPad Pro. Plus the korg piano bundle. I hook my s25 and s61 at times to my iPad to just sift through new sounds. Just endless inspiration for sounds. The drum modules in the bundle are legit. Phat drums sounds! They sound very good. Watch the reviews on the tube. The fact it will be in Nki format will make it even more inspiring and fast to make tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. luneytunes

4. kanabo

kanabo Member

I bought Gadget and almost all of the extra content because I wanted to squeeze in as much beatmaking as I could throughout the day. It is a breeze to both import and export audio with AudioCopy and the built-in export. I can make a beat at work, export all the tracks separately, upload it to Dropbox, and have the stems ready to continue to be developed into a full track when I get home. I also use the iMaschine 2 app, but I have never been able to make a song with it. I only use iMaschine to export basic patterns into Gadget and run with it from there. I have even used Gadget in a live setting. If you want a flexible, mobile workstation that actually helps facilitate making songs, then I recommend it. I'm very excited to hear this news!

• Like Like x 1
  5. luneytunes

Are the sounds on par with the Kronos? Ok jk but Omnishpere-like sonics? Can it replace the Nexuses of the world?

6. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

If I understood it correctly you can use the gadgets as separate instruments in your DAW! Wow, Korg is not f***ing around. Looking forward to see pricing details.

• Like Like x 1
  7. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Not close to Omnisphere. Sonically about even with Nexus, but korg constantly keeps coming out with new gadgets with great sounds. Imagine going through so many gadgets getting on maschine layering three different synths on the maschine pads with different gadget sounds running them through molecular. Get some crazy ish. Anyway, Nexus has been used to death on today's current records from metro boomin (dance orchestra etc), 808 mafia. I don't touch mine. I kinda go for the stuff that's under the radar. If you have kontakt you have to look at 8DIo libraries.

8. toneyrome

toneyrome NI Product Owner

I just download this on my iPad. The sounds are crazy! Is this a plug in on the mac or stand alone?

• Like Like x 1
  9. toneyrome

toneyrome NI Product Owner

Just found the answer. I might have to pick this one up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kanabo

kanabo Member

$300...

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. luneytunes

Korg has announced that Gadget For Mac – an OS X version of its virtual studio for iOS – will be available Feb 28, 2017, with an intro price of US $199.

• Informative Informative x 1