1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

2018 and yet again NO Guitar Rig update

Discussion in 'GUITAR RIG' started by tubeaudiogear, Sep 7, 2018.

1. tubeaudiogear

tubeaudiogear NI Product Owner

This is very irritating after all the rumours over the years and still no MUCH NEEDED improvements :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

• Like Like x 4
  2. BadMucker111

BadMucker111 New Member

You could not have hit the nail more on the head. For what its worth, back in the day Guitar Rig Pro was my go to. In fact for a while i got rid of almost all my pedals and was just using a usb midi controller. I got afraid of that setup tho and eventually went the multieffects route for live. It just seems that NI has officially disavowed us. I guess there mustn't be a guitar rig development team anymore and allllllllllllllllllll the emphasis is on the DJ thing. Which is totally cool btw, i just get the feeling that a lot of us would like them to say it out loud. "Unfortunately, we will no longer but updating the guitar rig application". Its not gonna happen. At any rate there is Positive Grid Bias, amplitube etc... One thing i might mention is that Guitar Rig seemed to use the least amount of system resources than any of these standalone apps. I bought guitar rig 5 and i will absolutely use it in my Daw for recording. I may even end up going back to it for live work as overall i found the modulation and delay effects really usable and stable.

• Like Like x 2
  3. tubeaudiogear

tubeaudiogear NI Product Owner

I agree, NI is entitled to do whatever they want with their products but this is getting silly, every time someone says Guitar Rig is dead they deny it and keep our hopes alive, for what???

• Like Like x 4
  4. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

I would have thought that with Komplete 12 coming out in a couple of weeks with Kontakt 6 and all the other new stuff a Guitar Rig 6 would have been part of the package. Although anyone on a locked-down computer system who's running say OSX 10.10.5 or older is locked out of the new stuff NI has.

Yeah there's Amplitube 4 and while it has a few decent models (Mesa Boogie, the first Fender Collection and the original Ampeg collection) their Marshalls that are stock in AT4 suck big time. A Silver Jubilee without the half-power switch? Another Marshall with one that never had it? Come on now.

For anyone looking into some really great amp models take a look at the stuff Plugin Alliance/Brainworx has. Their ENGL and Mesa Boogie Rectifier amps are top notch and not fizzy as well.

I think Guitar Rig has become abandonware with zero development. Look at it this way - when was the last update for GR? NI should be embarassed charging what they charge for it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Magic Russ

Magic Russ NI Product Owner

The contents of Komplete 6 were leaked a few months ago, so you can't be too surprised that there wasn't a version 6 of Guitar Rig.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. webhunter

webhunter NI Product Owner

Some of us spend time making music rather than scouring the web for "leaks".

Anyway, that it was not mentioned in the leaks is hardly a *reason* for Guitar Rig not being updated. NI needs to come out and explain that GR is dead, or that there will be an update in the future.

7. Dillon Fontaine

Dillon Fontaine NI Product Owner

Komplete 6 was released in 2009 and came with Guitar Rig 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. backbeat2

backbeat2 NI Product Owner

Yes yes... kontakt 6 ...... I am crying not to get Guitar Rig 6....even if I have Bias , kemper etc....

• Like Like x 1
  9. DJ DiscoPimp

DJ DiscoPimp NI Product Owner

that was the last push/excuse i needed .. i'm getting a Kemper :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

It's odd because it integrates so well into the Komplete Kontrol ecosystem. I wonder if the intention is just to negate any need for it by releasing more higher quality FX packs, maybe even cabs/amps, till Kontrol functions as the modular fx system in itself, replacing GR kompletely?

• Like Like x 1
  11. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

This ^

It does integrate well. But really, I think with all of this week's announcements, it's as plain as the sky is blue that NI has no interest in proceeding forward with Guitar Rig. I mean, they even released minor versions of some other stuff instead of coming up with a new GR and/or GR controller.

Screenless versions of Komplete Kontrol keyboards?
    A Maschine Mikro with a screen smaller than most of my toenails?

Minor stuff, if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BadMucker111

BadMucker111 New Member

When its all said and done, I will say this again and again. I actually really like Guitar Rig. I don't use the amp sims for live stuff. If I'm using it for live or rehearsals I'm just using the effects and the standalone Guitar Rig.Check the effects out again and the way they are so easy to stack up and trigger. Right? Amp emulation aside...I realize that a lot of you are looking for an emulator for the amp work and I appreciate that. I'm just pissed that they left the guitar players out of so many updates they've done. I'm not trying to take away from the product itself. I mean its not Amplitube or BIAS, this thing is its own animal. If I could figure out how to get this to run on a raspberryPi I would! I literally just bought a GT-100 off someone last week and am already thinking of off loading it and going back to PC and guitar rig setup. Crazy I know...But like the other few people that have mentioned it, NI probably doesn't want to come out with a definitive answer to the question, "when will Guitar Rig get an official update" because if they don't answer the question, the door is always left open to the possibility. So they could always assign a team to it in the next 5 years or so if they see the need.

13. wblackledg

wblackledg NI Product Owner

I gave up waiting a few years ago. Moved on.

I expected some sort of profiling app to replace GR. Gave up waiting on that too. Life is too short to sit around waiting for something like this.

Im on Komplete Ultimate 11. haven't used any of it in awhile either.

• Like Like x 1
  14. coopercecil

coopercecil New Member

Wow, new NI user here. I have been busy learning all the other instruments until now. Basically a serious guitar player from way back when. Anyway. I usually use my own guitar effects direct to DAW, but decided today to check out Guitar Rig. Totally bummed. Latency issue big time. I have watched all the YouTube videos, tried everything. Nothing works. Guitar Rig blows! I like the rest of the instruments. Most are pretty easy to get going, but this latency thing doesn’t cut it. Good thing I can play the guitar and use my own, better tones direct. Sucks for keyboardist that don’t play guitar. Sucks for me when I have to take my real gear to gig with and nothing at home to work with.

15. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Latency is influenced by your audio interface, not really by Guitar Rig.

I've no issues with latency using Guitar Rig or any other ampsim over here...

16. coopercecil

coopercecil New Member

I run direct with my audio interface straight to daw, no latency. I run straight thru audio interface and open a track with Guitar Rig, latency. Guitar Rig is the problem, not my interface.

17. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

I'm with Evil Dragon on this one. You shouldn't be experiencing a lot of latency.

If you're routing through your DAW, you may want to see if your DAW is overriding your audio card settings somehow. What DAW do you use and how do you have it hooked up?

18. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

There's no such thing as "no latency" when using any audio interface. Unless that audio interface has built in effects for monitoring (but then again, you cannot use a regular VST plugin as one of those effects). What's your buffer size for audio interface, and what's the audio interface? PC or Mac?

GR is most definitely not the problem. Settings of audio interface most likely are.

19. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

Any audio interface is going to give you latency. Period. Apparent latency can be affected by whatever buffer setting is in your daw. If you told us which daw you're using along with what interface then we can help you out. A lot also depends on how you're monitoring your guitar - some daw's have direct input monitoring some don't.

20. BadMucker111

BadMucker111 New Member

I 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Evil Dragon's Latency retort. In other news..., I feel like a moron, but yea I did it again....
    Sold my GT-100 yesterday.
    Plugged up Guitar rig 5.2 to my tube amp and...OMG where have you been???
    My lead tone is sick with this thing.
    Processor use is pretty minimal and it sounds exactly as if I was using a multieffects unit. The only difference is I can control pretty much every tiny bit of sound per effect. I'm definitely thinking of going back to Guitar Rig as my main effects tool.

I know there hasn't been any new updates to this thing, but it seems pretty stable overall.
    Should I go back to this for live???