1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

24 bits recording

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Quentin Pétel, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Quentin Pétel

Quentin Pétel New Member

Hi,

Doing some vinyle recording with Traktor Pro 3 and a A&H Xone PX5 (24bits sound card), it could be nice have the choice to record in 24(/32) bits mode (only 16 allowed) to not loose quality during the normalisation process that follow.

Cheers,
    Quentin Pétel

2. Stazbumpa

Stazbumpa NI Product Owner

Use Audacity. It's free.

3. muthafunka

muthafunka NI Product Owner

Why would you lose quality during normalisation? All normalisation does is turn the overall track volume up/down according to a pre-determined maximum. Also as suggested there are far better tools for recording/trimming/normilising etc

4. Quentin Pétel

Quentin Pétel New Member

Thanks for your answers.

To normalize, i use Adobe Audition, that does the job. Record not too loud in Traktor and normalize to the wanted level after that with Audition.

I tried to record using audacity but don't suceed.

The thing is that in Windows, I only see : "Xone PX5 Input" as input in any other software than Traktor. And no signal on it.

In fact even in Traktor, to be able to record I have to set "Input FX Send (Ext)" on Analogue 9 & 10 in the "Input Routing" tab. This way i could record analog signals sent from my turntables, mixed together through the mixer if i want, and this "pre-master" signal is sent through the Fx send functionality into Traktor.

This is the way to record my sets, and my vinyles so far.

Any idea on how to do that in Audacity ?