1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

3.2.1 vs 3.3 beta - what to do

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scratch-E Con, Oct 29, 2019.

  1. Scratch-E Con

    Scratch-E Con NI Product Owner

    Messages:
    219
    Maybe I'm just stupid but why should I install 3.2.1 after using latest Beta?

    BTW I am a Windows user.
     
  2. Friedemann @ NI

    Friedemann @ NI NI Team NI Team

    Messages:
    842
    Here is what you need to know:

    The basic difference between these version is that 3.2.1 is an official release while 3.3.0 is a beta version

    From a feature perspective 3.2.1 is basically the same as 3.0.0 except the iTunes integration part.
    - 3.2.1 follows the old, XML based paradigm and requires manual XML export for Apple Music
    - 3.3.0 follows the new, API based paradigm but has performance issues on large iTunes libraries

    If you are happy with 3.3.0 there is no point to roll-back to 3.2.1.
    But don't forget that 3.3.0 is a beta and may have undiscovered issues and be less stable than 3.2.1.

    So we would advice you, to replace your stable version 3.2.0 by updating to version 3.2.1 nevertheless.
    If you decide to do so, you have to cancel the dialog telling you that there is a newer version.
    The 3.2.1 installer will copy your 3.2.0 user folder.
    So all edits made to you collection on 3.3.0 will not show up on 3.2.1!

    To have all edits made on 3.3.0 showing up in 3.2.1 you must replace the entire 3.2.1 user folder:
    /Users/user.name/Documents/Native Instruments/Traktor 3.2.1
    with a copy of the 3.3.0 user folder:
    /Users/user.name/Documents/Native Instruments/Traktor 3.3.0

    if you have decided to switch back to 3.2.1, you can still continue testing version 3.3.0 by starting it from the Backup folder:
    /Applications/Native Instruments/Traktor Pro 3/Backup

    Hope this helps.
     
  3. Scratch-E Con

    Scratch-E Con NI Product Owner

    Messages:
    219
    Thanks for the quick response but it still makes no sense to me. Seems like a lot of hassle to 'upgrade'. I'll stick to 3.3 presuming that will be the basis of your next release(?)
     
  4. Friedemann @ NI

    Friedemann @ NI NI Team NI Team

    Messages:
    842
    Fine with me as long as you know that you use a beta.
    And here also, we want to make fast progress on releasing 3.3.0 officially soon.
    This back and forth was not originally planned, but the findings of this public beta test forced us to release an official Catalina (3.2.1) version before having fully resolved the iTunes/Music topic.
    For Windows users and non-iTunes users all this is rather irrelevant - I agree.
     
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Scratch-E Con

    Scratch-E Con NI Product Owner

    Messages:
    219
    OK now I understand, thanks for clarifying.
     
  6. Sûlherokhh

    Sûlherokhh NI Product Owner

    Messages:
    107
    Is there another beta 3.3 (or plus) in the download or do i have to switch 'back' to 3.2.1 after november 4th? i would like to continue using the beta since it has proven to be pretty stable so far.
     
  7. ErikMinekus

    ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

    Messages:
    636
    The latest 3.3.0 beta is valid until January, so just use that until it's officially released.
     
  8. Sûlherokhh

    Sûlherokhh NI Product Owner

    Messages:
    107