1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

3.3.0 Impressions so far...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhilL, Oct 20, 2019.

1. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

I've only had 3.3.0 installed for a couple of days on Windows 10 I'm yet to really cane it but so far I'm pleased. A couple of my pet peeves have been put to bed particularly the stuttering waveform when using using the phase sync buttons to shift a track off 0% sync. While there was no impact to the Audio output it was extremely disconcerting to see the Decks stutter so badly. I'm Seeing sightly improved CPU Loads with 2 Track Decs and a Remix Deck too, so fingers crossed! Now to get all my Controllers and maps loaded to see what awaits.

2. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

An update to the testing this weekend.... Overall still a very good experience with one exception. Yesterday afternoon while building a new custom controller map for my venerable original S2 I was experimenting with jog wheel seek options and was using modifiers to allow the jog wheels to address any of the 4 jog wheels. Suddenly, Traktor just vaporized no apparent crash-log and all settings added to that point were lost as the configuration wasn't saved / updated. So far that has only happened the once.

The other problem I've see a couple of times now is that deck A Transport suddenly fails to responds to events from Play / Cue Play & Cue. shutdown Traktor and restart and everything works again for deck A. It's only been seen for deck A and it doesn't matter if my left or right side control are assigned to deck A. I have thoroughly checked the controller map and I'm confident its and internal problem as I can decks B-D just fine and restarting Traktor clears the issue. I've checked to see if modifier are being latched into an incorrect state but that does not seem to be the problem.

Other than just the observance of the issue there is not much to be reported. Dunno if an official bug report is useful at this point???