1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

3.3 Update Coming Soon?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by Jesse_Plan, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djarsennal

Djarsennal Forum Member

I will wait, as long as it comes out better and usable with minimal bugs im cool with it :cool:

2. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

It's always nice to see an optimist in this vale of tears.

3. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

I'm gonna pee-pee in my huggies when T3.3 drops.

4. el_negro_sucio

el_negro_sucio Forum Member

I hope that that mouse sensitivity thing would be adjusted... I mean, there are other bigger bugs to fix...

Take your time, NI.... I'll be waiting ;-)...

5. hyline

hyline Forum Member

I can´t await the Release of 3.3, because i wanna go more in touch with the music.

Come on NI, lets have X-mas for me in June, please.

lg

hyline :)

6. von Bordwehr

von Bordwehr NI Product Owner

Will the non-english character problem be fixed in 3.3? And what about the Edit pane, will it be available for tracks selected in folders (rather than in playlists)?

7. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

Have you tried setting all tags to ISO-8859-1 with MP3Tag?

8. von Bordwehr

No, but the thing is, in Traktor it's possible to write some foreign characters, characters with accents and so, however, the coding seems to be different from the one used in the rest of OS X, so that tags written in Traktor is displayed incorrectly in iTunes for instance, and the other way around. Japanese, Chinese, Russian, etc., is hopeless. Characters are displayed in one way in the browser and in another in the tracklist window. Traktor doesn't recognize files whose name contain for instance Japanese characters. And one more thing, when using the Danish keyboard layout, none of the usual shortcuts -- copy and paste and so -- work, and you can't assign shortcuts for copy and paste within Traktor. One last thing, (also using the Danish keyboard layout) only a limited number of keys are available for shortcuts, for instance none of the keys from A to Z can be used.

Forgot: when an iTunes tag containing, for instance, Japanese characters is modified in Traktor, say, by adding a comment, the whole tag is messed up, not only for viewing in Traktor but also in iTunes.

It's all very frustrating.

9. AudioRapture

Just to make sure: You have contacted support with all this, right? Do you have a ticket number so the mods can add some weigth to it?

10. von Bordwehr

I have contacted support some time ago. But I'm not sure about that ticket number… is it the same as a tracking numer? If so, this is it: 88181.

11. alex_LABADJ

alex_LABADJ New Member

wait for 3.3...OK but...

I understand the need to wait for a 3.3 update...but a 3.2.3 patch to read TS time code should have been out at least a month ago. This should have been antisipated long ago. The audio8 has been in development for over a year, I saw a working prototype almost 6 months ago. The website says the audio8 works with T3 on both of their respective pages as well! Come on...I got my crossgrade in April, works great, love the h/w...HATE the TS s/w, I don't even want to go into the countless reasons why. It's just crippling when you are used to using T3 everyday.
    In fact it should have been part of 3.2.1 or 3.2.2 update especially since those updates no longer supported the FS2 timecode. This is a huge disapointment from such a top notch s/w developer as NI

12. djstoopid

djstoopid NI Product Owner

so not to push back ON topic here...

...but do we have an updated ETA on T3.3?

I too am kind of crippled with the current TS software. i'm going to do a search to see if anyone else has tried this but now im curious if I can hook up A8 and the old stanton scratch amp in serial so at least I can choose between the two.

I'm happy to be patient but really wish that it was better documented that certain features are not available in TS that were available in T3.1 - 3.2

13. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

hm, i dont think there's need to write this down in a manual, but we discussed the differences feature-wise here on the board way before TS was out and i stated what features are missing or limited in TS.

14. AudioRapture

I think djstoopid has a point, though - not everyone pays close attention to the forum, and the Scratch product pages only compare Scratch to other DVS systems, but not the differences between TS/T3/LE/Beatport Player.
    If that info is somewhere on NI's web site, there doesn't seem to be an easy-to-find link from the Scratch pages.

15. djmook

djmook NI Product Owner

Eagerly awaiting the update to allow T3 to work with the a8.

I agree that a smaller update to allow compatibility should have been released at the time the crossgrade was available from stores. Until they release the update I essentially purchased an upgrade that was in reality a downgrade.

I will say that for the first time I think that someone has got it right with the a8 (small, rectangular, and USB2), the cables (long snakes), and the software (when T3 is finally compatible).

16. djdivide

djdivide NI Product Owner

Any news peeps? I feel like a child at Christmas! Not for dinner - I mean I feel like I did when I was a child at Christmas, if that makes any sense?

I'm leaving now....

17. DJ Freshfluke

ok, if you mean something like the T3/ LE comparison table that was online some time ago, then it makes sense to me.

could be a good idea to make a table of all traktor family products and put it on the website (but still think the manual is not the right place for that).

18. AudioRapture

Yes, I meant a comparison table on the web site. The manual would indeed be the wrong place, but could refer to the web page.

19. DJ Freshfluke

work in progress! ;)

20. Oxid

Oxid New Member

When will it be there?

It was expected end may?

It's just that I am a Serato user right now and i think I can do more with Traktor Scratch, I'd like to use the Master Clock of traktor to sync it with ableton (trough IAC bus from mac).

Greetings
    Oxid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.