1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

New [3.4.0.160] potential showstopper - jumping from loop cue point to cue point can stop music

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by alec.tron, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Toxicaudio

Toxicaudio NI Product Owner

I can confirm this issue.
    Win10 / Traktor 3.4.0.237.
    90% of my Tracks are flac files (level 5 / 16bit) ripped from the original CDs with dbPoweramp.
    Only a view of 6000 Tracks having this problem. Some of them could be fixed by reripping them , some not.

alec.tron: can you confirm following workaround:
    If I load the corrupt file in Deck A and leave Deck B empty , i can jump around without any issues. After loading a Track into Deck B, hit play on both Decks and jump around with Deck A , the issue occours.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  2. Vangelis @ NI

Vangelis @ NI NI Team Staff Member NI Team

Toxicaudio Can you attach some of your affected files here.

3. Toxicaudio

Vangelis:
    I reproduced the issue today. But I accidently clicked to late on record but you can see the blurry waveform is still moving. This happens after jumping around several times with cue points.
    I can provide you the flac file. But only via private message.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  4. Vangelis @ NI

Vangelis @ NI NI Team Staff Member NI Team

Sure, you can DM here and send me a google drive link.

5. Toxicaudio

6. alec.tron

alec.tron NI Product Owner

Interesting... I just had the same sound dropout happening on 3.4.0 237 when jumping to a cue point (I do have a short video of completely blurred waveform playing through on deck A, with no sound output whatsoever. Reloading the same did not reproduce the same again though...).
    This time though:
    - on a non-corrupted track (ps - one oddity about the track, this was a 24bit, 44.1kHz flac file...)
    - just jumping from a normal cue point to another cue point
    - sound dropped out, blurry waveforms started to appear, with a small (1th grid section) under the playhead being not blurry. This cached / non blurry section then jumped forward underneath the playhead when it reached the next 1th grid section, not extending / caching the rest of the visible waveform as it usually would...( ? never seen this before...)
    - when I got the camera out, the whole waveform was all blurry already

Very odd...

As for:
    Dug out the old corrupted file again, and can not confirm the above. Even when Deck A is empty, and corrupted file is playing in loop, jumping out of that loop to an earlier cue point still stops sound playback, and blurry waveform continues 'playing' visually (but no sound...). So no change for me on that one. Interesting though that there's a co relation for you seemingly on that...

Thanks @ NI folks for adding the warning when a corrupted file is loaded into a deck now.
    Makes the above issue, where the same has happened with a non corrupted flac file a tad scarier though...
    Any tips/thoughts on how to log/document this, if it ever were to happen again on a non corrupted flac file...?

Cheers.
    c.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020