3 Deck View

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Anthony More, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony More

Anthony More Forum Member

I would like A 3 deck view Horizontally (ABC),
    to have more room for browser/crate

2. Dj Machette

Dj Machette Forum Member

+1 i like to just mix with A & B deck and play samples during my sets using a third deck, i don't use the fourth...

3. mest42085

mest42085 NI Product Owner

+1 sounds like a great option as i dont always use the fourth

4. DBP

DBP New Member

Sounds Like a brilliant idea to me! Any chance of ever having that option?

5. DiscoNova

DiscoNova NI Product Owner

I think this would be quite usefull also. Currently I mainly play on two decks only, but sometimes I want/need to have a third one at hand (haven't really found the need for the fourth deck - except when I'm simply trying to "show off"). Opening the full four deck UI takes rather lot of the screen space, whereas having the decks "compressed", I don't really have a good enough view of the track. I think a three deck layout would be ideal for my needs.

6. sparky sanchez

sparky sanchez Forum Member

Absolutely, a third would in many ways be more useful than a fourth here, just to keep some background spice going or to be able to leave an on-the-fly loop of an outgoing track going after a mix.

7. Anthony More

Here's an example how it could look

Attached Files:

8. rekh

rekh Forum Member

great request .... use only 3 anyway

9. kdupkid

kdupkid NI Product Owner

+1

I agree. To open a 3rd deck w/o the 4th would be great. Maybe it could be a thinner deck that reached from all the way of the left to right, that would sit ontop or on bottom of the other 2.

10. kidkotch

kidkotch Forum Member

+10. That's a great idea. Not to sure about the suggested layout though.

11. NReek

NReek NI Product Owner

i think it's a good idea, but i'd place them stacked vertically in one side (let's say left) instead of correlative horizontally.

this would leave room for having a big browser on the right side of the decks!

12. Darkene

Darkene New Member

Good Idea for me to

13. nomaad

nomaad NI Product Owner

Just to have a generally customizable GUI would be awesome. What if I want decks A and B on the left and C and D on the right? Or my effects at the bottom instead of the top. OR... even better, my browser on one monitor and my decks on another.

It would also be nice if there were skins available... just a color change would be nice. Personally, I find the colors of the Traktor GUI a little garrish and difficult to look at. Serato is not the software for me, but I do prefer the way it looks... much easier on the eyes... specially in the dark and through an all night set.

14. Flaekiface

Flaekiface New Member

This sounds really really usefull!

+1!

15. BentoSan

BentoSan Forum Member

stack them vertically and make them reaaaaaly wide, that would be awesome, customisable gui ftw !

16. Anthony More

I stick with horizontally!:D

17. BentoSan

BentoSan Forum Member

erm i ment horizontally lolz - dumb moment :D

18. TENMEN_DubstepDJ

TENMEN_DubstepDJ NI Product Owner

+1

And another +1 as I have Traktor 3 as well, so I get another vote :)

+1 again for Reaktor 5 :D

19. tubby

tubby Forum Member

I'd vote for a more customisable gui rather than more fixed options. make it so you can drag, resize, hide each deck and have the playlists display in whatever screen space is left over.
    that way you could easily sort the decks to match the physical layout whereever you work, whether that be 2,3,4 decks, cdj's on a rack or 3 along side + your internal channels etc, just makes it easier in my head at least to be able to lay out the decks on screen to match the equipment.

20. TENMEN_DubstepDJ

TENMEN_DubstepDJ NI Product Owner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.